1.    #1  
    I believe I may have found the root cause of my Treo's multiple uncommanded soft resets. I tend to get soft resets between 10 and 15 times a day. Resently I turned off my Versamail's autosync function and have switched to syncing manually. Does anyone want to guess what happened? No autosync, no soft resets!

OK not quite. As it turns out I have isolated the soft resets to when the Treo is just finishing its wireless sync with the Enchange 2003 calendar. I ran a test and had soft resets occur in 15 of 20 manual syncs.

I have done all the unlocked GSM updates (including the 1.31 FW) and this behavior has not changed. Is anyone else seening this? Better yet, does anyone have a fix? Please do not say "buy this software......". I really don't want to hear that.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I have tried that and now I cannot access VeraMail at all!! It crashes as soon as I touch the button. When I open FileZ it puts up the error

Error:dm: Cant Open in ItemFolder::readPalmCard() e (MMIDCache7)

Usually MMIDCache7 has a creator or asc3 or something like it. Now it shows a bunch of symbols for the creator. If I try to delete it, I get an error or a reset.

VersaMail is sucking out right now.
    VersaMail sucks. Your VersaMail database is probably corrupted, mine did the same thing a few months back. Do yourself a favor and get Snapper. I haven't had a crash since I switched over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treomethis
    Yes I have tried that and now I cannot access VeraMail at all!! It crashes as soon as I touch the button. When I open FileZ it puts up the error

Error:dm: Cant Open in ItemFolder::readPalmCard() e (MMIDCache7)

Usually MMIDCache7 has a creator or asc3 or something like it. Now it shows a bunch of symbols for the creator. If I try to delete it, I get an error or a reset.

VersaMail is sucking out right now.
    I would try a soft reset and then go into FileZ to delete as it sounds like Versamail might have it locked. I would also make sure that you detete the versamail cache files from your PC so they don't copied back over (I think the instructions explain how to do that).

Good luck.
    I think all of the mail programs have some issues. Versamail's been working fine for me for the last few months using activesync and my corporate exchange server.

If you can't delete the corrupted file, you may need to do a hard reset to clear everything out. I'm guessing that file may have been the cause of all of your ills to this point. Be sure to also pay attention to what the Palm KB article says in regards to your PC Versamail settings folder. Sometimes the folder will get corrupted and need to be cleaned out as well.
    I just re-read your OP as well. If it's crashing on the calendar synch - you may have an unsupported calendar entry type. You might try searching the forums to see if there is any mention of the calendar types that cause the problem (I seem to remember seeing something, but don't remember explictly).

I was having a similar problem, and had to move my entire calendar on the server to a new folder and add them back to my real calendar folder slowly to find the entry that was causing Versamail to crash.