1.    #1  
    I am surprised there is no such service like this. I believe that palm.net used to have something like this but since canceled it. I would like to see a service that allows us to wirelessly HotSync to a server; an always-on, central, secure server. One that is available through Palm Desktop or online from any web connected computer.

I guess I'm basically thinking of MS Exchange. You know, a server that Palm Desktop can connect to and make sure all the data on (a) your PalmDesktop software, (b) the Palm server, and (c) your Treo is sychronized at all times. There would be group options to let your secretary or colleagues view your schedule, or only those categories you define. You can share your calendar to the world similar to how Yahoo! Calendar does it if you like, or share it only to certain users.

There would be no "translation" using conduits like IntelliSync or Outlook<->Palm, etc. It would be a Palm solution that would have everything as it is on the Palm sync over to the server and to Palm Desktop. Every custom field, every address and phone number for contacts, every picture, etc.

There would be a yearly fee or monthly fee involved. How much? What would you pay? I would pay upwards of $60 a year or $5 month for this. Maybe more if it was integrated with VersaMail so you can get read and reply to your e-mail from Palm Desktop, or the web portal. I'm sure it would give Windows Mobile users a run for their money and make Treos a much more viable solution for enterprise-level deployment.

What are your thoughts?
    -M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    My thinking is that your estimated price of $5/mo is too cheap for a solution like that....if there were one, they'd be charging you at least $10-20.

CLP charges $20/mo...but I don't consider it worth that price, but I don't have a need for it, soo......
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    My thinking is that your estimated price of $5/mo is too cheap for a solution like that....if there were one, they'd be charging you at least $10-20.

CLP charges $20/mo...but I don't consider it worth that price, but I don't have a need for it, soo......
    What is CLP service? I searched google but couldn't find anything? Thanks.
    Shoulda tried searching TC for a Treo related feature/product before searching Google.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90256
  5.    #5  
    Well, not so much a CRM solution that CLP seems to be, but just a standard PIM database - similar to Exchange.
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    From what it looks....CLP looks to be more of a web-based thing...in order to access any of the data on your handheld or PC, you need to do it from the web...web based interfaces are slow, and clunky (with the exception of gmail :-D ) Plus it doesn't interface with any of the other applications on the Treo itself (calendar, contacts, todo's, etc...)

I think the OP (and myself) would like something that would do a wireless sync of the built-in applications (contact list, calendar, to-do's, etc.) Basically a wireless version of the HotSync
  7.    #7  
    Think about how useless Outlook and Exchange would come for many individuals and small businesses who don't need Pocket Outlook or the many extraneous fields that Outlook has. I like the simplicity of Palm, and I like the ability to change the order of the numbers and allow multiple numbers. (i.e.: having 4 numbers marked Mobile and 2 Home numbers; 1 above the mobiles and 1 below.)

If Palm had an e-mail solution built in to Palm Desktop, I really think a good portion of people - including tons in the small-business segment - would leave Exchange, especially because of the costly server fees.

I want my exact Palm data stored on a central, secure server with AES encryption and available from the web, my Treo, the Palm Desktop application or from any WAP-enabled phone (like Exchange has Outlook Mobile Access).

I would be willing to pay for this! I'm sure others would too!

I'm curious to hear about the palm.net service that Palm used to offer for Palm VII and VIIx users. Did anyone have this service and if so, was it anything like what I am describing to you?

-M-
    Check out Seven Networks.. its what we use to maintain email and calendar sync over the air. You can get it through Sprint's business connect or run your own server.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I called by phone today the fine folks at www.freecrm.com where I have kept data on about 270 people in my rectuiting pool for about a year and they mentioned the development of a pda synch capability. When I asked did they mean "browser access" the man said no. He said that this would be a synching capability that would move data onto the pda (Palm or PPC). Time line sounded like about two months. Pretty vague but who knows.
    This isn't exactly always-on real time syncing, but I discovered something via a friend today that is pretty darn cool.. I'm still working out the kinks, but ScheduleWorld at http://scheduleworld.com offers a service that's online calendar/contacts/tasks/memos to sync with a variety of devices using SyncML. Right now the only computer interface to it is a java client, they're exploring the possibilities for an html interface, so if you're interested drop them a note saying so, there's a link there just for that.

The only full-featured SyncML client for the Palm so far is the one from http://synthesis.ch which has a free 30 day trial.

Pretty neat stuff, should check it out.