1.    #1  
    I have done some searching and am a bit confused.

I can send my mail via my gmail with chatteremail. I have that setup correctly.

At this time it is NOT possible to receive my gmail mail via 'push' with chatteremail like I do now with my exchange and aol accounts?

Thanks for the help.
    You are correct. You would need to forward your gmail to an IMAP Idle server.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You are correct. You would need to forward your gmail to an IMAP Idle server.

Idle server?
    The IDLE command is what gives your email that little extra push.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Fastmail costs $15....
    Aim is free....

I picked Aim.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Fastmail costs $15....
    Aim is free....

I picked Aim.
    im not paying anything for fastmail
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    im not paying anything for fastmail
    Me either. If you're just forwarding, there's really no reason to pay unless you need more storage or bandwidth.

Me either. If you're just forwarding, there's really no reason to pay unless you need more storage or bandwidth.
    ok good.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  9.    #9  
    so explain this to me....get a fastmail account...have all gmail forwarded to that, then take that free fastmail account and have chattermail access it? Then setup the smtp for gmail so when I respond it looksl ike it is coming from my gmail account?
    Obviously no sync'ing for the gmail account, I assume.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    That is correct. Works very well and email delivery time for me is about 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
    so explain this to me....get a fastmail account...have all gmail forwarded to that, then take that free fastmail account and have chattermail access it? Then setup the smtp for gmail so when I respond it looksl ike it is coming from my gmail account?
    Obviously no sync'ing for the gmail account, I assume.
    thats what im doing, for 2 different gmail accounts actually, and it works GREAT.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Hmm....never thought about not using fastmail's SMTP server. DOH!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    so what settings do i need for my treo to access my fastmail? and then how do iset it up so it looks like it is coming fro my gmail? also is it possible to have two gmails forwarded to one fastmail and be able to differentiate?
    This might be a cheaper solution for real time email notification. I have an Gmail account and unlimited SMS text message via Sprint. I enabled POP/Forwarding in my GMail Settings; I forward the emails to my phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com and keep an copy of the email in my gmail account as well; just in case I missed anything. I get an real time email notification when new emails come in. I then quick launch VersaMail using Bulter Navigation(one key application launch) to get the download of the mails. This solution has been working for me great. I also enabled auto-sync for VersaMail every hour. It helps when your too busy to get bother with those non-important emails.
    Last edited by codetreo; 08/14/2005 at 11:13 PM.