1.    #1  
    Does the new Cingular upgrade make it possible for the phone to turn on after a restart. I just did a soft reset and the phone came back on. I have previously used PowerUp by Go Treo Software (makers of the fabolous VolumeCare) but have yet to reinstall it after the upgrade. If this is a new ability it woul be great as I will save the precious memory taken by installing PowerUp. I would be interested if anyone else has experienced this.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Both the Cingular 1.05FW and 1.31FW (when I've tried them) turn the radio on after a unforced soft-reset. I don't seem to remember if this is the case on a forced soft-reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Both the Cingular 1.05FW and 1.31FW (when I've tried them) turn the radio on after a unforced soft-reset. I don't seem to remember if this is the case on a forced soft-reset.
    You've got me there. My Cingular Treo didn't turn the radio on before or after my upgrade. I finally gave up the ghost and have turned to Phone Technician (and there are other programs as well that will do this) to turn my phone on after a reset. You are a very lucky person!
    David
    Haven't tried 1.31 yet. Original firmware on unlocked GSM would turn radio back on after first reset but not on any subsequent reset. Currently on 1.30 but haven't had any resets in a long time. Haven't tried forcing multiple resets to try it. Anyone had multiple resets with 1.30/1.31 that can comment?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I am on 1.31 and forced a reset. Did not turn radio back on. So I am still using RadioState.
    Just tried forced reset with 1.31. With radio on or radio off it does not restart after reset. As I mentioned above, with original firmware it would restart after first reset if radio was on at time of reset but not on any subsequent reset or if radio was already off.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Just tried forced reset with 1.31. With radio on or radio off it does not restart after reset. As I mentioned above, with original firmware it would restart after first reset if radio was on at time of reset but not on any subsequent reset or if radio was already off.
    Ok Thanks - maybe I imagined the whole thing, or maybe it was just a freak occurence. I am not going to reset it anyomre than I have to.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!