1.    #1  
    Recent owner of the Treo 650 - switched from the Sony Ericsson P800 because I really wanted the Palm OS and the P800 was awful when it came to Hotsyncing.

After around two weeks of use, the Treo now resets after each Hotsync. Doesn't do so during the sync, only after. Haven't put any new software since two weeks but do have quite a few applications plus an SD card. Have searched this board but aren't getting any clear clues as to what to do. I'm not averse to a hard reset but when I restore, won't it be the same thing again - I mean, if it's a software conflict, the backup is sure to contain it right ?

Thanks

Fahim
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Butler. It's all Butler's fault. Versamail. Change to Snappermail. See how much memory you have left. Are you low? Update your version. Erase several easy to erase programs and re install one by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Butler. It's all Butler's fault. Versamail. Change to Snappermail. See how much memory you have left. Are you low? Update your version. Erase several easy to erase programs and re install one by one.

You would think it's a software conflict, but my exact same problem started immediately after the upgrade to Cingular's (CNB) latest firmware release.
  4.    #4  
    Hi

I tried to delete versamail but it keeps saying that it's in the ROM nad won't let me. Any more suggestions ? By the way what is Butler ? That a program ?

Fahim
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jafary
    Hi

I tried to delete versamail but it keeps saying that it's in the ROM nad won't let me. Any more suggestions ? By the way what is Butler ? That a program ?

Fahim
    Versamail comes with the 650. I did not mean deleting it but rather stop using it and using Snappermail instead. If you are not using Versamail just leave it alone. (Versamail is complicated to delete.)
    using sprint pcs latest update using versamail, my sister was having problems with her hotsyncs, reset after each hotsync. i thought it might be a corrupt file somewhere, i performed a hard reset reinstalled program by program, no problems anymore.
    Most likely a contacts database corruption. Read this post, it fixed the problem for me and for others..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=57
    I have had similar problem. In my case deleting and reinstalling documents to go solved the problem. In particular, slide-show to go (or whatever the Powerpoint equivalant is called) was corrupted twice. Trying to open a show file also resets the Treo. Delete and reinstall did the trick.

Hope this helps.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    I had the same problem and I traced mine to avantgo. once I deleted it, everything stabilized.
    My Treo started wigging out today.

It tries to sync all by itself, no matter whether it's actually connected or not. I can cancel out of the sync, but then i can't do anything else - turn it off, on, go to Home, Menu, calendar - nothing.

If I pull the battery out and put it back in, I get the Striped Bootload v0.17 screen of death.

Soft reset does nothing, it remains on the Stripe-y Bootload screen.
    Hard reset does nothing, it starts trying to sync for no apparent reason again.
    Zero Out reset does nothing, see above.

I have searched for similar issues here and elsewhere and haven't found anything similar to this, but then again, i find this a little hard to describe in search criteria.

I haven't installed anything on it for months. I don't use Versamail, or really any mail. I use calendar, memos and phone, that's about it. (yes, I'm dull)

It's been pretty picky about sync-ing the last few times i've attempted to do one (thank god i got one to work on Friday), but i have no idea what could have caused all this.

I am headed to the Sprint store tomorrow for sure as I am under warranty, BUT, is there anything I can do / avoid doing to prevent this from ever happening again?

All thoughts and ideas appreciated.