1.    #1  
    I just bought a treo 600 off ebay from a deadbeat seller saying there is an orange mark on the screen.. but the screen works perfectly and no need t oworry about the mark. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mark isn't what is on the screen... it is the screen going bad)

I see from:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,17999.0.html

that this is a common issue.. but does anyone have PalmOne info stating this is a defect.. I contacted ebay and paypal about this seller and his missleading auction.. but I would like some proof (I have complete faith in this forum, but ebay/paypal might not :/)

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
    Lee
    I am a current user with the orange spots or dead pixels. Pretty much once your display is covered up with these dead pixels, your display is useless and you cannot see what you are typing.

The Treo is no good without a good display screen. By the way, those dead pixels grows bigger on each passing day.

Edit:
    I know this does not prove that it is a manufacturing defect but you can look at this thread about the same subject of spots, blob, dots etc.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/31/2005 at 12:12 AM.
    It will grow over time, maybe slowly.
    It's a defect which the carriers exchange for free (at least under warranty)
    The original seller should have done that before selling it to you.
    sorry to hear about your situation but it will be hard to fault the seller in this situation because he did acknowledge the spot in the auction which I believe makes him safe.. please do research ahead of time before buying anything of ebay that's not in perfect condition becaise you could of avoided the whole situation by not purchasing.. for a future reference please buy from a reliable source because a lot of sellers on ebay are just looking to get over on people looking for the great deal that in the long run is not the best deal... good luck..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah! I got refunded

I agree I should be more careful next time.. But.. I just never heard of a screen screwing up and causing orange pixels.. From what I gathered, it didn't sound like a screen problem.. but a cosmetic issue (orange pen touched it or something).

Oh well.. Now to find another treo :/
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    how much are you willing to pay ? pm me, I might have one available ...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    how much are you willing to pay ? pm me, I might have one available ...
    Sorry, after I got refunded.. I figured I might as well wait until I get my new job to buy something so cool (that has an additional monthly charge)... So I went and bought something that doesn't have that fee.... a laser PSC
    Quote Originally Posted by trend
    Sorry, after I got refunded.. I figured I might as well wait until I get my new job to buy something so cool (that has an additional monthly charge)... So I went and bought something that doesn't have that fee.... a laser PSC

a hand scanner?