1.    #1  
    I bought a new treo 650 yesterday from VZW, and the unit is simply a marvel, but one problem thats been bugging me is that the right bottom corner of the battery door creaks when pushed on, so when typing you sometimes get a creak every time you type.

I have found a simple solution to this by simply taking a small piece of paper, ripping it into 3 smaller parts and keeping them between the door and the battery... the paper makes the creak much softer and not as noticeable.

So my solution might not be the best, but it does work. But is there anything I should be worried about? Do those three pieces of paper (regular printer paper) put too much strain on the battery or phone and might cause it to burst? Or is there a chance the battery gets hot during charging... hot enough to set the paper on fire? Just wanted any suggestions you guys can give. Maybe there is a better one?
    The ignition point of paper is 451 degrees Fahrenheit (hence the title of a famous book.) If your battery got that hot, the piece of paper is the least of your worries.
    Last edited by Insertion; 07/31/2005 at 11:06 AM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How about taking a ten or twenty dollar bill and folding it up until it looks like it'll fit under the battery. Then you'll always have some money for emergencies.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Instead of paper, try paper towell. Cut out the exact size to fit in the battery cover. Because it's kind of spongy, it seems to work a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    Instead of paper, try paper towell. Cut out the exact size to fit in the battery cover. Because it's kind of spongy, it seems to work a little better.
    A trimmed down business card works great.
    I took a peice of one of those "Swiffer" cloths and cut that into a 1x.5 in segment. Works great AND can be used to clean the screen!
    I used a thin layer of rubber cement
    small 3M felt circle here stuck to the battery door
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    piece of velcro, the soft side
    I thought everybody put money under their batteries. That soft stuff would prolly not put so much pressure on it, like I'm seeing with the bill!

But I don't regret it...I'm always runnin' outta money, so the emergency stash is worth it.
    "The ignition point of paper is 451 degrees Fahrenheit (hence the title of a famous book.)"

Actually, Ray Bradbury later admitted that he just made up that number with no evidence. The actual ignition point would of course depend on the composition of the paper, the ambient humidity and temperature, and other factors. The fundamental point is correct, though: The Treo won't get nearly hot enough to ignite the paper.