1.    #1  
    Folks
    I need to get my Treo 650 GSM unlocked.
    Cingular and PAlm are no big help. I have called them a number of times, but no result.
    Please let me know any reliable way to get my TREO unlocked. I do not want my phone ot screw up though.
    I am traveliing to Asia soon, and wan to be able to use it there.
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by softek; 07/30/2005 at 05:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    From your post, assuming you have cingular treo 650, so it's cingular's job to unlock it. Just tell them I am going out of country so I want to unlock my phone so I can use any local SIM card there.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    From your post, assuming you have cingular treo 650, so it's cingular's job to unlock it. Just tell them I am going out of country so I want to unlock my phone so I can use any local SIM card there.
    Yep, I second that. Keep trying with Cingular, they have a policy about when they will do this for people, search this forum and you will see that lots of people have had sucess doing this (I am former AT&T and got Cingular to unlock my blue 650)
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  4.    #4  
    I called CINGULAR a number of times and told them evrey thing I could. But no help (
    At this point, I am looking for solutions to unlock my phone other than Cingular or Palm.
    I have NO idea how reliable this is .. but this was mentioned here by someone who was happy with the service.

Try at your own risk (and let us know how it turned out !!!!)

http://hostingsupercenter.com/650.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by softek
    I called CINGULAR a number of times and told them evrey thing I could. But no help (
    At this point, I am looking for solutions to unlock my phone other than Cingular or Palm.
    Are you a Cingular customer for 90 days or more ?

Call and ask for the wireless group and tell them you need the subsidy unlock code, don't let them off the line until you get it, or a supervisor. It took me a couple tries, but I got it. BTW, it is their policy, so if they go to the CS Manual, they will find that it is policy.
  7.    #7  
    I am AT&T customer for ever...and since they moved to Cingular became cingular cutomer.
    I have tried a lot many times. Which number did you call for Cingular. Any tips ?
    Thanks
    I had a great experience with http://hostingsupercenter.com/650.htm

I waisted hours trying to get the Cingular codes to work.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I just unlocked mine at the beginning of July and used this guy shawn@gearfortech.com. He does this as a side job while running www.gearfortech.com. He is quick and the software is easy to use. He also gives his cell phone number in case there are any issues. I called him on a Saturday morning on help with it and he walked me straight through the process and right away I was able to unlock it. He emails link to server within 20 minutes of recieving payment. Hope this helps, if you have any questions about his service you can email me at pvparks AT yahoo DOT com
    I recently got my Cingular Treo 650 unlocked by Cingular. I called in using my friend's Cingular account. I called Cingular number that was posted in one of the unlocking threads in this forum and they unlocked the phone for me no problems at all. It took a total of about 5 mins. They even gave me the code over the phone right then and there. Other ppl said they had to wait a few days.
    I had the same experience with Cingular, and after about 10 separate calls to CS I finally got a rep that gave me the code over the phone in less than 5 minutes.