1.    #1  
    I have quite a few database entries using JFile on my T650. However, I can't use the global search to search the databases I place on my SD card. Is there a software package or hidden command I can use to search the SD card via global search function?

Thanks.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Get a card reader.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Are Jfile files stored in PDB format??? 'Cause I don't think that a card reader would be able to search those...

I don't use JFile so I really don't know how you'd search those databases.
    filez won't work.?..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I use FileProg ver. 1.14 (www.uisoft.biz) to view/delete files.
    I think the original poster is referring to searching the insides of the databases....not just the names of the databases. I could obviously be wrong, however. Whether any program would be able to read JFile databases is unknown to me. I'd expect JFile to do it, but I've never used it, so.....
  7.    #7  
    grndslm is exactly right. I am able to search the contents of JFile databases with the Palm OS's global search as long as the databases are in RAM. I am unable to do so if the database is on the SD card. This is, of course, the same as with any program's contents and is a huge annoyance. I'm simply looking for a way around it and googling hasn't helped much.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G