1.    #1  
    Hello all
    My first post!
    I'm using a Treo 650 with Desktop 4.1.4; Windows XP based.
    I have Windows Media 10 installed in my PC.
    Whenever I bring up the Palm Desktop Software, then click on the Media icon along the right column, I briefly get a Pop-Up stating:
    Welcome to the Media Desktop... bla bla ba, and goes on to suggest I install Windows Media 9.
    this notice only stays up for a few seconds then disappears until I reboot the software application then happens again. just annoying.
    Makes no sense to me as I have V10 already installed plus photos, etc. transfer from my treo to desktop during hotsync with no problem.
    How do I get rid of this Pop-Up or am I missing any additonal software?
    Hello. First post for me. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Every time I do my first search on the palm desktop, that is, the first search after starting the program, a message pops up saying that Windows Media Player 9 needs to be installed from the additional software CD. When trying to do that, the computer says that Windows Media Player 10 is already installed and that 9 is not necessary and cannot be installed. Does anybody know how to get rid of this stupid message???

Thank you!
    I have the same issues as above, I have resorted to not using the media portion on the desktop. Very annoying, it would be nice if someone cud tell us peops how to get rid of the msg. I have 10 installed. Chalk it up to windows not playing nice with palm devices. Solution anyone?
    I have tried to get an older version 9 to make it stop but that didn't work either. I am hoping since they have been releasing the upgrades every couple weeks - soon they will release a desktop upgrade as well.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    This has also been discussed in an earlier thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...edia+player+10
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    i get this pop up too, but then it goes away. and then my media shows up.

from goldfingbecks post, it seems this message is hard coded to pop up when ever you click on media. which is dumb.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I get this too whenever I do a search. HUGE pain in the ***. I called Palm about it and they told me it is a splashscreen and it's "no big deal". It basically locks up my contact manager for about 5 or 10 seconds and they say it's no big deal! When you're on the phone with a client or vendor and you have to wait 5 or 10 seconds to access something, that is indeed a big deal. More importantly, this would be so easy to fix and it is unfathomable why they would have it there in the first place! Come on Palm!
  8.    #8  
    thanks for all the responses. sounds like all of you have the same issue and we all just need to live with it. amazing!