Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Anyone know how to remove little plastic cover that is mounted over the telephone speaker? It moves a little and seems to be just snapped in...but I want to make sure. I scratched the crap out of mine and would like to remove it and put a new finish on it.

Thanks
    I was so frustrated by my earpiece volume that I pried that cover off. There are two tiny plastic pins that fit in two holes on the right and left. I predict that you will be able to glue it back on but it may not last. Going without it did give me a little more volume, but now I have VolumeCare so that is finally fixed. I've had no problem with an uncovered speaker for several months. Personally I don't care what the thing looks like as long as it works.
    hmmm - i doped my treo, cracked that little plastic thing in half, and it came off. Maybe that can work for u?

(ps - it didn't snap back in - i used krazy glue )
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    hmmm - i doped my treo, cracked that little plastic thing in half, and it came off. Maybe that can work for u?

(ps - it didn't snap back in - i used krazy glue )
    Are you saying you doped it up on crack?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You mean you removed the radiation shield that protects your brain from being FRIED by the phone?

I believe you can pry it off.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Did I say that ? dame that's good crack
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Heehee..............thanx
    who buys a 650 and uses the handset ear piece? do not pass go,...go to dans cellular and buy a SE 660 right away..... hurry....stop reading this post. Also a skin cover has left my handset earpiece cover in mint condition sice Feb. Still have yet to drop this puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by ventnor1
    who buys a 650 and uses the handset ear piece? do not pass go,...go to dans cellular and buy a SE 660 right away..... hurry....stop reading this post. Also a skin cover has left my handset earpiece cover in mint condition sice Feb. Still have yet to drop this puppy
    Speaking of puppy, that's one mighty cute one in your avatar.
    Anybody know how to get a replacement cover?
    (bump)

Anybody have any idea how I can go about getting a new cover for my 650? Mine broke off the other day. Maybe I don't need a new one, but it may help preventing dirt from getting inside.

I have a Sprint phone, but I'm using vz, so I probably won't get any service from Sprint.