1.    #1  
    I recently flashed to the latest Cingular firmware and everything has been great for several days. Tonight I was using my phone just fine, with my bluetooth headset. I got out of my car, went somewhere for an hour, came back, and tried to use my phone. I could not get the bluetooth headset to connect when I made a call. I re-paired it, which went through fine. However, it still would not connect when I tried to call. So I used the phone itself to make calls. Then, I got a call, tried to answer, and couldn't hear them. So I hung up the call, and tried to call out. My external speaker won't work anymore. I try playing mp3s and hear absolutely nothing. I can plug in the wired headset and hear it fine though. I hear no beeps or anything when navigating through menus through the external speaker. I have tried everything I can think of. I checked the volume settings, did a soft reset, did a hard reset, still nothing. When I turn the radio on and off, it shows the Cingular picture but doesn't make that little ding sound that it usually does. Any ideas what went wrong or how I can fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu
    I recently flashed to the latest Cingular firmware and everything has been great for several days. Tonight I was using my phone just fine, with my bluetooth headset. I got out of my car, went somewhere for an hour, came back, and tried to use my phone. I could not get the bluetooth headset to connect when I made a call. I re-paired it, which went through fine. However, it still would not connect when I tried to call. So I used the phone itself to make calls. Then, I got a call, tried to answer, and couldn't hear them. So I hung up the call, and tried to call out. My external speaker won't work anymore. I try playing mp3s and hear absolutely nothing. I can plug in the wired headset and hear it fine though. I hear no beeps or anything when navigating through menus through the external speaker. I have tried everything I can think of. I checked the volume settings, did a soft reset, did a hard reset, still nothing. When I turn the radio on and off, it shows the Cingular picture but doesn't make that little ding sound that it usually does. Any ideas what went wrong or how I can fix it?
    This sounds like the known problem with the headset jack. When it goes bad, it stops all audo to all the builtin speakers. You probably need a replacement unit.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Wow. You've got to be kidding me. Do you have any links to this "known problem"? That's going to royally **** me off if I have to replace this.
  4.    #4  
    Would a replacement be handled by Cingular or Palm?
    I don't believe Cingular offers insurance and since it's a manufacturer's problem....prolly Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This sounds like the known problem with the headset jack. When it goes bad, it stops all audo to all the builtin speakers. You probably need a replacement unit.

Jeff
    I have this problem, but it is intermittent. Every time I go to take it into the Sprint store, my speaker starts working again. I can get varying results by "wiggling" the plug (while a handsfree is plugged in) and it will sporadically fix/break itself.

My warranty expires on 11/4/05 (had one of the first 650 units) and I hope I can get it replaced by then.