1.    #1  
    So I'm wondering if anyone using one of Shadowmite's custom ROMs would care to comment on stability. Has it improved or stayed the same?

I got far more stability with the latest firmware upgrade (unbranded GSM from Palm), but prior to that the resets and freezes were getting out of hand. It was so bad I bought a SE V800 (Vodaphone branded, unlocked) as a replacement and was about to sell my 650. Then the firmware upgrade was released by Palm and suddenly I was back in love with my Treo all over again!
    Using a VZW custom ROM that I made w/Shadowmite's tool and it appears that stability has improved but that could also be due the 'hard reset' that was required to get the custom ROM on the Treo.
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried to do a VZW rom using Sprint's BT files? I was putting one together, but I'm too chicken to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    Has anybody tried to do a VZW rom using Sprint's BT files? I was putting one together, but I'm too chicken to install it.
    I don't have Verizon...so I couldn't tell you exactly.

But what I will tell you is that it SHOULD work, and prolly will work. Bluetooth isn't carrier related....

Try it out and tell us how it works!! The worst thing that could happen is you lose a little bluetooth functionality until you put a new ROM on there. You'll still be able to make phone calls, I'm sure.

Just make sure you backup before you try and err/succeed!