1.    #1  
    I am getting annoyed with conastantly turning my phone on after it turns itself off. this has happen very sporatically. It has even occurred while I was on the phone!
    I have a cingular branded 650 with the unlocked 1.28 firmware. Has anyone else seen this behavior? This IS NOT a reset problem though this does occur also.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Do you mean that the screen shuts of or the radio? If its the radio, then it's a known problem with the SIM tray. Certain SIM cards could loose contact and this would cause the phone radio to shut off. Apparently there is a redesigned SIM tray that tech support will send you, but other people have solved the problem by putting a few layers of paper behind the SIM card in the tray to make sure it has firm contact with the contacts.

Brett
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the information. Would that be Palm or Cingular's tech support?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know. I didn't have the problem, but I read here about someone who got a new SIM tray. I think they even posted pictures of the difference.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue occur with the updated cingular firmware. When the screen went off in battery save mode, it would end the call as well. I had to reflash the phone to get this to stop. In either event, too many problems with the cingular firmware for me...so I went back to the ROW version.

rob