Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hundreds of MP3 streaming stations. A few local FM stations. I'm surprised this thread got more than a few posts.
    This FM thread only got posts because we were talking about streaming MP3s with PTunes.

Otherwise your right the idea of picking up FM (for me any way) is pointless since I only get 2 NPR stations on FM but 7 on shoutcast.
    Just got off the phone with "C-Guys" tech support (http://www.c-guys.com/). They have an SD FM radio card that will fit the Treo 600/650 (clears the Treo antenna) and is compatible with Palm OS 4/5. The device is supposed to be available from dealsonic.com by next week.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COTREO
    Just got off the phone with "C-Guys" tech support (http://www.c-guys.com/). They have an SD FM radio card that will fit the Treo 600/650 (clears the Treo antenna) and is compatible with Palm OS 4/5. The device is supposed to be available from dealsonic.com by next week.
    very cool did they mention a price?
    No price yet..... I will check and post it if I find one next week.
    I do not know japanese but it seems to be that an SD FM radio for Palm is available in Japan and probably suitable for TReo 600/650

anyone can confirm?

http://www.c-guys.net/products/sd-radio2.html
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    more info (in english):
    it seems that supports PAlm but Treo has not been tested..

http://www.c-guysusa.com/SD-Radio.html
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    More information on the SD FM radio card ---->
    http://www.c-guysusa.com/SD-Radio.html
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Hundreds of MP3 streaming stations. A few local FM stations. I'm surprised this thread got more than a few posts.

I don't agree that this is totally useless. I could see, for example, someone wanting a cheap FM card if they'd like to use their Treo at the gym, where the TV audio is broadcast over FM.
    Just received my SD FM radio card for the Treo 650 as mentioned above (from C-guys). It actually works quite well. If anyone is interested I can post a review with pics or you can email me for details.
    COTREO: Yes, I'd love to read a review. Thanks for testing it.
    COTREO- We 'd love to read ur review. thanks.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I third that... and pics would be great.
    Does the audio output at the 650's headphone jack or does the radio have it's own dedicated headphone output (like the early one did)? I can't tell from any of the pictures or descriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Does the audio output at the 650's headphone jack or does the radio have it's own dedicated headphone output (like the early one did)? I can't tell from any of the pictures or descriptions.
    The audio output is on the radio (on top)
    Here is a quick update on the radio card from c-guys.com. The package comes with the radio card, CD and headphones. The CD includes software for the Palm and PPC 2003 OS. I loaded the software on my Treo 650 and plugged the card in. At first, I could not get the radio to function. I tried it on my PPC and it worked fine. I spoke with tech support at C-guys, they emailed a software update within the hour! Everything functioned fine after that. In short, this is what I found. The reception was good, worked well in doors as would most FM radios. The sound was clear and I actually found the highest volume level to be too loud. I am not an audiophile, so I cannot really speak to the richness of the tones and what-not. It sounds as good as any standard FM radio, clear and crisp. I also took it on a bike ride around the city and was able to recieve a good signal wherever I went. Software. There are some gaps in the software, but, based on the rapid reponse I received with the software update, I am sure these can be corrected. Basically you have the following - 18 preset stations, manual tuning, on/off button, screen off button (I will discuss this more, later), volume control, preset scan, mute button. Issues with the 650... The radio does not turn off and on when you receive and end a phone call. The volume on the radio cannot be changed using the side button (ring volume) on the Treo (but can be changed with the 5-way navigation button). The radio will continue to function when you go to other programs, but if you receive a phone call, SMS or email, it will stop. You will need to go back into the program to restart the radio. The off button on the Treo turns the radio off as well, it doesnt keep running like P-tunes. Thus you have the "screen off" button on the software. You can use the 5-way navigation button to control all of the basic features of the radio. It would be nice if the card were a little shorter to reduce the overall height... its not bad. There is enough of a gap between the radio and the top of the phone to get your finger in and use the silent slider switch. Bottom line... it works well for me. I purchased this device, because the only chance I have to watch TV (with FM broadcast) and catch up on the news is when I go to the gym... its easy, small and functional. For me, it rates a 7.5 out of 10. The price was also reasonable and factors into my rating ($38.00) Sorry this is not more organized, but I only had a few minutes to put this together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great review, Cotreo. This sounds like a nice add on. I'm not an iPod/Walkman person, but being able to listen to NPR or local news on the bus ride to work would be great. Thanks for pointing out the negatives, too. Hmmm.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Cool! i think I might order it!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Nice review- thanks. Quick question... how much memory does the app take? Obviously, one cannot keep the app on the card!
    good input... now i can use FM radio
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast