1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular 650 that freezes almost every other day, and sometimes I can wait for up to a minute for it to "unfreeze" and be fine again, or more often than not I have to reset. Is this a documented problem, and if so can someone point me to some fixes? Otherwise should I go back to the Cingular store I got it from and exchange?

BTW, I have not touched the Treo as far as adding any apps, etc. It is exactly the way it was when I got it from the Cingular store, minus some phone numbers in the address book!!

Thanks for any insight,
    Paul
    maybe a bad unit ...
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    I would get it exchanged. That doesnt sound right. If you havent hotsynced and your Treo is clean, it may be a problem with a loose SIM card - do a search here for that problem. It could also be bad hardware. It shouldnt freeze like that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I had the same experience with 3 different Cingular 650's. I switched to a Verizon 650 this week and it is much better.
    You should definitely try the "loose sim" card fix. I had this problem on my 600 when I got my 650 and tried my sim in the 650 (which still doesn't work in the 650, by the way).

The "fix" is to put some paper/tape etc in the sim holder to cause a tighter fit for the sim.
    On the 3 devices I had...I tried the SIM fix and it didn't help, but I agree it is worth trying since it is an easy fix.

I gave up on Cingular...between faulty Treo's and poor coverage it was not worth it.
    I found that my freezes seem to be related to network searching in marginal signal areas. The latest Cingular firmware update (including radio patch) has made a huge difference.