Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Just curious...is bluetooth part of FW 1.31 or SW 1.15.
    The reason I ask is to determine whether I might expect any improvement in bluetooth/headset performance by going from 1.28 to 1.31 in my unlocked Cingular 650.
    Thanks for any insight.
    I do not understand the question. Isn't Bluetooth is part of both firmwares, 1.31 and 1.15?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I do not understand the question. Isn't Bluetooth is part of both firmwares, 1.31 and 1.15?

Cheers, Perry.
    Well...that's what I'm trying to find out.
    My assumption is that it resides mainly in one place. Either the 1.31 portion which I understand is the 'radio' portion. Or it's in 1.15 which I think is the 'pda' portion.

I'm at the limit of my knowledge and hope someone who understands this can shed some light on the subject.
  4. tmt
    Bluetooth is a function of the PalmOS section, not the phone. The 1.31 firmware has no effect on BT. The 1.15 update (which includes fw 1.31) does.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    Bluetooth is a function of the PalmOS section, not the phone. The 1.31 firmware has no effect on BT. The 1.15 update (which includes fw 1.31) does.
    Thanks...exactly what I was looking for.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    I understand what you are saying but I'm not so sure if they are mutually exclusive.. a la bluetooth headset. There must be a link between the radio section and the bluetooth function to allow for this. I imagine that a firmware upgrade can have some effect on the performance of your BT headset. Will the super geeks out there please inform...
  7. tmt
    The radio section has an audio output internal to the Treo, which is hooked up to bluetooth internally. This audio signal is routed to the SDIO too I believe, so cards can handle voice connections too.

In any case, all the Bluteooth protocol, exchange library, headset logic, etc are PalmOS components, and are prc's within the palmos rom section. Check 'em out with FileZ or peek in a custom rom's ace-palmos.zip.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info tmt!