1.    #1  
    Good afternoon,

I recently purchased an unlocked 650 and am using it with a Cingular SIM. I'm interested in DUN for those times when WiFi is not available. I have been tethering with a Moto phone prior to this so no discussion is needed about possible data charges.

I understand that I can either purchase a BT adapter for my laptop or purchase PDANet and use the HotSync cable that came with the 650. Here are my questions:

1) Is there any speed difference between DUN with BT vs. PDANet with HotSync cable?

2) Is there any difference in battery consumption on the 650 using BT vs. PDANet with HotSync cable?

Any input is appreciated.
    I have tried PDANet with both BT and the cable and I saw no difference in performance. However, you can bet that BT will suck significantly more power from both your laptop and the Treo so the cable is preferable.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    I have tried PDANet with both BT and the cable and I saw no difference in performance. However, you can bet that BT will suck significantly more power from both your laptop and the Treo so the cable is preferable.
    Thank you.
    If you can keep your phone plugged in the charger I would go with BT. Using the cable you really have to be careful not to move the phone around since the Treo650 sync cable tend to get pulled out very easily. Whoever designed that thing should be shot. Figuratively speaking ofcourse.
    I've not been able to actually make the DUN connection work after the upgrade - which is another story altogether - but I noticed that leaving BT with DUN "on" drains the battery quite a lot faster than "off". Now, if I can only make it work with my PB!
    Quote Originally Posted by jebworks
    I've not been able to actually make the DUN connection work after the upgrade - which is another story altogether - but I noticed that leaving BT with DUN "on" drains the battery quite a lot faster than "off". Now, if I can only make it work with my PB!
    I was able to get DUN to work perfectly after the upgrade. I had to re-pair my phone with my Powerbook, but after that it was seamless. I didn't even have to reset the Treo after a session, like I used to do with the old work-around patch.