Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'd like to better understand what is "left behind" when an app is installed and then later removed. This mainly applys to stuff I've tried and decided I don't like it / need it. After removing it, is everything removed? Are there "hidden" files left behind? Is there something like a registry that is modified? Conduits I may not know about? etc... And no, I hadn't thought of (or known about) install managers when I first began using the Treo a few months ago.

Also, in the event of a hard reset, which I plan on in in the near future as I upgrade my Cingular 650, what is the best way to deal with the backup folder on the PC? How much of the stuff in there will be recreated if I was to rename it and then do a sync?

Basically, what's the best way to begin all over as if it's fresh out of the box, and still maintain a few of the 3rd party programs I've purchased? As an example; I've been using Agendus and want to (obviously) keep the database, but other programs that I may of screwed up during the installation, (as in trying to install it to a card or something) I'd like to be 100% completely removed.

Thanks,

David...
    Use uninstall Manager before you install other applications. It keeps track of such things for you...

http://www.northglide.com/um.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I know that's what I should of done, but I didn't, so that's not helping me now Besides, it doesn't hurt to know these type of things!

Thanks,

David...
    I figured you were planning a hard reset and re-installing of your applications soon.

They have an application Cleanup for situations where you already have previously installed applications

http://www.northglide.com/cleanup.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A