Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Does anyone know how to get Groupwise email and calendar on Treo 650. I currently use POP access, but would like to get my whole Groupwise folders and mail on the 650,
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    If your Groupwise GWIA is configured to allow IMAP access than you can use an IMAP client (I recommend chatteremail (www.chatteremail.com)) to access your folders. I'm not aware of anything that will do the calendar, however.

HTH,
    Brett
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but does not help, we still have POP, seems primitive
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    If your administrator has Groupwise WebAccess set up, you can use the Blazer browser to get into your groupwise stuff. Works quite well. GWA recognizes you're on a pda type browser and gives you an interface optimized for that.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    WebAccess will require the specific URL to get the "light" version - Blazer does NOT automatically get routed...
    Additionally, if a "push" solution for GW is what you're looking for, NotifyLink is the product we use - OTA updates, real time contact/ calendar / email / tasks updates...
    mlt
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I beg to differ. We have ours set up so that if I'm on my desktop browser, I get the full interface, but if I get on my treo, it DOES get the smaller interface automatically.
    I use intellisync to at work to hotsync my Groupwise Calendar and Task list over to my treo and we also use Notifylink to sync in a wireless mode. Notifylink works good for the Groupwise email, calendar, and to do list. It does not work so well with contacts.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Novell also has their own pda sync software. Works way better than Intellisync. Ask your groupwise admin to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    Novell also has their own pda sync software. Works way better than Intellisync. Ask your groupwise admin to get it.
    And what would that software be? Where would I find it? I've had a devil of a time trying to get my Treo 650 to sync to Groupwise 6.5. I've used IntelliStink for a while, but every now and then it just stops working and my Treo stops syncing ALL conduits. I don't have the time or patience any more to un-install the IntelliSync software right down to stripping the desktop's registry and reinstall everything, when even that only works about half the time and then it works only for a few months at a time. What's worst is that my latest contact with Pumatech Software, maker of IntelliStink, was quite disappointing. They said that IntelliStink does NOT support Treo 650 sync'ing and they do not provide more than 90 days of customer support after the sale (even though they had been up until then).

So I want Novell's own solution, not a clunky unreliable 3rd party's solution. Link, please??? Thanks!
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Sorry, I don't have a link. Ask your groupwise admin for more info. If you -are- the groupwise admin, ask your novell rep. Tell him to ask/look for "Groupwise PDA Connect"
    I did a Google search and found instantly what I could not find in the nests of Novell GroupWise webpages: GroupWise PDA Connect...

http://www.novell.com/documentation/...a_connect.html

However, it requires GW 6.5.3 and we're running 6.5.1. Screwed again... <sigh>

-- Josh
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    However, it requires GW 6.5.3 and we're running 6.5.1
    6.5.3 is basically 6.5 with support pack 3 installed. If your still on support pack 1, which 6.5.1 signifies, then your way behind with updates. The latest SP for Groupwise 6.5 is 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    6.5.3 is basically 6.5 with support pack 3 installed. If your still on support pack 1, which 6.5.1 signifies, then your way behind with updates. The latest SP for Groupwise 6.5 is 6.
    Not surprising. My university is not known for being up to date on anything. Thanks.
    -- Josh
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    PDA connect will not get you email, it is designed to sync contacts, calendar, etc. It is NOT my favorite software, in fact, I don't use it anymore.

There is a new product called the Groupwise Mobile Server which allows full interaction with GW on the treo and syncs Contacts, Calendar, etc. It does require a seperate server and is based on intellisync's server software.

Groupwise 6.5 will sync via IMAP, POP3 natively, no service pack required. I'd imagine that your Groupwise system is already enabled for IMAP, especially in a university system. I don't know of any campus groupwise that doesn't automatically support IMAP due to the demand to interact with Unix, Mainframe and multiple client OS's.

You can use versamail to connect to groupwise, but you would quickly run out of internal RAM. Both Snapper and Chatter work fine with Groupwise, but note that Groupwise does not support the IMAP IDLE command, you will still need to interval sync.
    All I really want is my calendar sync'ed with GW. My contacts I do NOT want sync'ed because GW contacts are a mess of any and every person I've ever traded e-mails with all over the entire university, and yet would not include all the important phone numbers of my local orthopedists, pizzerias, automechanics, etc. that I type into my Treo every now and then.

And I would like the e-mail, but I don't crave it. We have POP3 access to mail's inbox, but due to security features, supposedly I cannot send outgoing mail into GW to be mailed out to the world. For that I have to use Blazer for web access to GW. It's clunky but minimally effective in a pinch.

What I need most of all is just my calendar. Can I make this happen myself with GW 6.5.1 or do I need my IT administrator to upgrade and set up servers which I'm sure they'll never do for little ol' me alone...

-- Josh
    Anyone that has admin rights to your computer can upgrade to 6.5.6 client software. It is backwards compatible with server running 6.5.1. Also 6.5 is compatible with server running 7.0. I would steer clear from Novell's PDA connect. I used it for a while but had problems with data duplicating and also it takes over all the conduits except for install so you can not use palm desktop to sync tasks or contacts separately from groupwise.
    Can anyone please advise the version of intellisync that you are using to sync your GroupWise Calendar with the Treo650.

I upgraded to a 650 from the T600 and my IM department is saying that the Treo650 is not supported by Intellisync... mind you we are probably running a fairly version of Intellisync. Am still on GroupWise 6.0

Many thanks!
    Another option is nexic synchronis:

http://www.nexic.com/synchronis/index.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    has anyone used Smartsync for groupwise syncing? I finally abandoned Intellisync (just too buggy) and now use Nexic's Synchronis (on a T600) It's ok, but lacks many features - Mainly since it creates a separate calendar DB and doesn't sync with the onboard Calendar, can't use Nav dial, and (very annoying) no notification of conflicts and PC always wins in chnges to entries. Spoke several times to Nexic folks and they say they are "working on an upgrade", but I am skeptical.
    Also - any more experience with Novell's PDA connect product? I run GW 7.0, and need only to sync my calendar, since i use Chatter for email and Palm's contact app for addresses.
    thanks,
    amell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast