Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Honestly,
    The best solution is the new Groupwise Mobile Server, it's light years ahead of the other solutions. If your organization is under Groupwise Upgrade Protection, they recieve Mobile Server for no charge. It does require another server, so that is something that will have to be handled by the IT Staff.

All of the client side syncing software solutions are weak at best, it's just not something anyone is doing well on the Groupwise side. PDA Connect is no longer used by Novell, so use at your own risk.

Nexic is ALWAYS "working on a new version", I've heard that since the treo 180 arrived, I even used it for a while. Snapper or Chatter via IMAP is a much better solution for accessing mail than any of the 3rd party client apps.

Notifylink has a good solution, but it's not as stable as the Groupwise Mobile Server.

Hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Thanks - pretty unlikely I will convince our IT folks, since they won't support any wireless handheld issues.
    Any experience with Smartsync?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I've never talked to anyone who has actually used SmartSync, and no one at Novell I've spoken too has even heard of them.

I deal with quite a number of Groupwise based accounts and NotifyLink and GMS are the only software packages I've seen be both useful and STABLE with Groupwise (Blackberry BES is fine too!).

Your IT Dept must have thier heads in the sand if they don't do anything for mobile devices. They are certainly in use and working today, so there is no way to put that genie back in the bottle. I'd suggest asking them for a secure way to access email from your mobile device since you don't want to be a security risk. That usually prompts someone in the loop to take notice of mobile data and implement a real solution.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12