Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are new YAHM version. The most important feature is a NVFS awareness: when NVFS detected, YAHM copies all code resource to dynamic heap to avoid dbcache clean problems.

http://yahm.palmoid.com/yahm_2_5_1.prc

Igor
    awesome...thanks!
    Thanks for this Igor. I also use Resco Locker on YAHM to fully lock it to dbcache.

Btw, nice touch on the reset log message. I was surprised my treo reset even if I have unlocked my apps and disabled the older YAHM. I think you're the only developer that took time out to put a message in the reset log and explained why it happened. COOL! I was caught offguard
    Last edited by MFB; 07/29/2005 at 09:25 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I think that there are no need to lock YAHM itself. YAHM code doesn't work in background.

It's my own reset message, not the system bit "Reset on Install". It's possible to found tails of trap chains when all hacks are deactivated, so I can't remove internals structures easily. The best way to make reset.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Hi Igor. Hopefully this is the right area to post this. I just tried to upgrade to YAHM 2.5.1 and now whenever I try to activate the FontSmoother hack my Treo 650 resets. Is there anything I can try to resolve this? For now I've gone back to 2.3.6 which works without a problem.

Thanks,
    Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    Hi Igor. Hopefully this is the right area to post this. I just tried to upgrade to YAHM 2.5.1 and now whenever I try to activate the FontSmoother hack my Treo 650 resets. Is there anything I can try to resolve this? For now I've gone back to 2.3.6 which works without a problem.

Thanks,
    Brett
    I experienced this also.

Fix...

1. warm reset
    2. delete yahm
    3. soft reset
    4. reinstall new yahm

hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I experienced this also.

Fix...

1. warm reset
    2. delete yahm
    3. soft reset
    4. reinstall new yahm

hope that helps
    Tried this fix but it did not work for me, still crashes.
    1. are you sure you did a warm reset?

2. did you use filez or another file manager to delete both yahm files?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I experienced this also.

Fix...

1. warm reset
    2. delete yahm
    3. soft reset
    4. reinstall new yahm

hope that helps
    Thanks Dutch. That fixed it. Initially I just deactivated YAHM, then deleted it and that didn't help. The warm reset is the important step here, I think.

Brett
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Thanks Dutch. That fixed it. Initially I just deactivated YAHM, then deleted it and that didn't help. The warm reset is the important step here, I think.

Brett
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Following Dutch's directions fixed the problem temporarily, but as soon as I soft reset my Treo after I got it working it again started to reset when the FontSmoother hack was re-enabled. Once again I'm back to 2.3.6.

Brett
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Following Dutch's directions fixed the problem temporarily, but as soon as I soft reset my Treo after I got it working it again started to reset when the FontSmoother hack was re-enabled. Once again I'm back to 2.3.6.

Brett
    That is exactly what happened to me. It worked intially (actually after one more self reset) and then when I reset again it would reset each time I tried to enable FontSmoother. I also went back to the earlier version.
    same here...sorry guys
    I didn't experience what you guys did with my update. However I only have one hack installed in YAHM (TreoKeyHack).
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I didn't experience what you guys did with my update. However I only have one hack installed in YAHM (TreoKeyHack).
    I'm using TreoKeyHack and FontSmoother. It's only a problem with FontSmoother for me. TreoKeyHack seems to work with the new YAHM.

Brett
    Igor,

2.5.1 no longer locks the hack as it did with 2.3.6 This was confirmed in the Resco Locker forum with Jan. It seems 2.3.6 has been NVFS ready all along as no one has encountered problems with it. The locking works.
  16.    #16  
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/yahm_2_5_73.prc

This version copies all resources to dynamic heap, so there are no need to lock hacks in cache.

It works much better than 2.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    http://yahm.palmoid.com/yahm_2_5_73.prc

This version copies all resources to dynamic heap, so there are no need to lock hacks in cache.

It works much better than 2.5.1
    Does this version address the problem with FontSmoother and crashing?
  18.    #18  
    Yes. I run new YAHM on t650, no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    Yes. I run new YAHM on t650, no problems.
    Oh, you posted it already. I thought it was 2.4.73 as posted over at Resco. Kindly disregard the email I sent you. Thanks for the update

What has changed witht his build? Does it stabilize TreoKeyHack with Blazer? I've been getting a few resets at times when I move fast between links.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Igor,

I just tried TreoKeyHack 0.5.1 on my Treo 650. Observations:

1) Shift + arrow only works moving left-to-right, not right-to-left - I'd like it to work both directions (I thought it did in earlier versions)

2) Shift + center brings up a menu to Copy/Paste/Cmd Bar, but the menu only stays onscreen while center is held down, so you must CAREFULLY rock the 5-way pad down while holding center to select a menu item. Its too hard to do.

3) Favorites launch doesn't work; in any case I would like that to be a separate option, not tied to L/U/O. Also, if Favorites launch could work by holding down the key, and not send the key to the currently running app, that would be awesome.

Any thoughts? Thanks,

- Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast