1.    #1  
    I must be doing something wrong. The ads for VolumeCare say one can have separate levels for SpeakerPhone and Handset. No matter what combination I have tried, when I increase the volume during a call with SpeakerPhone on both increase and decrease in sync.

I am probably irrevocably brain dead, but the instructions leave a lot to be desired. I have the feeling it should be a lot easier and more straightforward than what I'm doing.

Would someone point me in the right direction.

Incidentally, I had posted this request at the GoTreo site. My trial period period expired without an answer but I registered anyway.

Finally, should this type of support matter be posted separately or as a part of the sticky thread??
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoGeezer
    I must be doing something wrong. The ads for VolumeCare say one can have separate levels for SpeakerPhone and Handset. No matter what combination I have tried, when I increase the volume during a call with SpeakerPhone on both increase and decrease in sync.

I am probably irrevocably brain dead, but the instructions leave a lot to be desired. I have the feeling it should be a lot easier and more straightforward than what I'm doing.

Would someone point me in the right direction.

Incidentally, I had posted this request at the GoTreo site. My trial period period expired without an answer but I registered anyway.

Finally, should this type of support matter be posted separately or as a part of the sticky thread??
    TIA
    Yes I can help you with this! I am been totaly consumed lately so I am sorry about the slow response.

So do the following:

1) Install VC into RAM (not the SD card)
    2) check the enable box in the upper right corner of the VC screen
    3) check the individual enable boxes for: Handset, Headset, SpeakerPhone and MIC
    4) do not adjust any other adjustments
    5) exit VC
    6) make a phone call

now use your volume keys as you would for any phone call to raise and lower the volume. The thing to remember is that the volume will continue to raise and lower *beyond* the bar graph display provided by the phone application to indicate volume levels. So keep pressing the volume key and you will see/hear the additional volume range.

Now for the controls inside VC:

The VOLUME control is the *starting* volume level for every phone call. After every phone call the volume will be returned to this level for the next phone call.

The BOOST control is the governer for the volume range. It sets the upper limit for the maximum volume possible for each speaker type.

I hope this helps you! As it happens I will be in Austin next week and could meet with you if you thin that would be helpful. I am also available via phone if you just want some quick one-on-one help.

Jeff