Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I ordered Handmark Express from the Sprint PCS site and downloaded it successfully. However, it wants an email and password to register. I never set up an email or password when I ordered it, so what is it looking for? I entered my usual email address with a password and it set up a trial account. I'm paying for it, so I should be able to set up a real account. Help!
    I think what you downloaded was the free 30 day trial. If you want to continue after 30 days, you will need to go to the handmark web site and set up the purchase, either with a monthly billing or a yearly amount. . . .

Cheers, Perry

PS My Treo will never be without it. I love the 411 look ups and maps, as well as, the news and weather. . . . Yes, you can find this stuff free thru the Web, but the package and convienence cannot be beat.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    But I'm being billed $6.99 for it now from the Sprint site. I don't want to risk paying double by registering from the Handmark site as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by eegah
    But I'm being billed $6.99 for it now from the Sprint site. I don't want to risk paying double by registering from the Handmark site as well.

Handmark support has been great for me. . . . give them a call or an email(listed on their web site) and ask how to get this rolling. I got mine, directly from them, so I am unsure of the Sprint wrinkle.
    I don't think you need to do anything - the binary from sprint is different. I actually keyed in the wrong sprintpcs email addr and it still worked. Then my yahoo addr and that worked too. Wouldn't let me chnage it to my real sprint addr.

You will be on a one month subscription that will get automatically renewed. My problem is there's a day gap between expiration and renewal. Oh well, can't complain too much - just using up my otherwise wasted vision credit.
    Here's a new problem. I just downloaded it as Handimark is now giving it away as Freeware. I installed the app, opened it and it says "Setting Up Account" with a little progress bar. It does this for a while and then quits. Attempts to relaunch the app get the same result.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.