1.    #1  
    I have chatter checking 2 diff fastmail accts. one is fine, but since yesterday the one just says WAIT and won't get email. what's that mean?

also...since when has Gmail been accessable with Blazer? I thought I remembered it not working in the past.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    "Wait" just means that the connection can't be made and Chatter will try again later; if it's persistent, either the server name is wrong or the SSL selection (on/off) isn't right, or the server is down, etc. You should use mail.messagingengine.com for imap and smtp server with fastmail, btw.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    craziness...it jus started working again after over 24 hrs of WAIT.

I use: imap.fastmail.fm
    and smtp.gmail.com:465

no problems til this recent setback.
    thanks tho
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I've seen that problem too. Usually a soft reset clears it up.
    what about login failed ? I set up an aim account that I can never get to connect. when I first create the account the test states that a connection was made to the server successfully but then it tries to connect and I get login failed.. I'm using imap.aim.com and smtp.aim.com:587... any help would be appreciated . .. tia..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Not sure; I'd need a log.

Marc
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Not sure; I'd need a log.

Marc
    Log
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    lol!
    Is it just me or Chatter freezes during the WAIT status? After that it goes fine.

Al
    It shouldn't...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    what about login failed ? I set up an aim account that I can never get to connect. when I first create the account the test states that a connection was made to the server successfully but then it tries to connect and I get login failed.. I'm using imap.aim.com and smtp.aim.com:587... any help would be appreciated . .. tia..
    I had that same problem with my aim account also. I couldn't figure it out so I just deleted the account from chatter and eventually deleted chatter since I can't find a free IMAP server that works.

Has anybody gotten AIM IMAP to work correctly??
    I have gotten aim imap to work with gmail forwarding to it. I posted the settings that I used. I tried to help donric but I guess its still not working for him.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have gotten aim imap to work with gmail forwarding to it. I posted the settings that I used. I tried to help donric but I guess its still not working for him.
    yea.. unfortunatly i still cant get it working.. everthing else is working fine.. I guess it's not meant to be with aim.. it was too good to be true..
    t2gungho.. I appreciate your help though...
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Since you confirmed it worked, I reinstalled chatter and set it up.

It worked!! No paying for an IMAP account - WOOT!

Before I kept getting alerts saying that the AIM account had failed even though it had initially connected OK. Also...another problem I was having was with the SMTP server. It kept saying that it wasn't verified and I didn't understand why. After about 20 times of typing in the same info over and over again....I finally noticed that those asterisks were there for a reason! They really meant that your reply address was required! I've never known a MUA to require the reply address...but now I'll be doing that by default from now on.

Will finally get to try Chatter now. Thanks for the motivation guys!
    also...since when has Gmail been accessable with Blazer? I thought I remembered it not working in the past.
    Google recently created a version of Gmail that would be more compatible with older browsers. You don't get all the nifty little features that the full version has but you can do all the basics with it.
    Can one of you guys post your detailed SMTP settings for AIM mail in Chatter? I'm able to recieve AIM mail just fine but I keep getting various errors when trying to send.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338