Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm close to throwing the tomtom software in the shredder. What a terrible activation procedure. I can't believe they would have such a fragile system for activation.

i'm stuck with the "There are problems with the connection. Please try again later." screen. I've hit reload about 100 times with the same message. Anyone find a way to get by this or do I just keep trying?
    I think you just need to keep trying. I was very frustrated as well then all of a sudden, I accessed the site and made it all the way through to get the activation code. The plus side is that once you get the activation code, you can write it down and it's good for the duration (works for all other maps). I've been having hotsync problems (not related to TomTom) and have had to re-enter the code 3 times. I'm just glad I haven't had to try to get another activation code.
    I got my Tom Tom last week and the site was doing the same thing. I called their customer service number and demaned to speak to someone. When a live person finally came on the line they told me the site was down and would be back up in 30 minutes.

Three hours later it was still down. I had to keep refreshing each page of the activation process multiple times and was finally able to get my code.
    My TomTom ask me to put in the activation code every time the Treo reset. Is this normal?

I have to put the code on my HiLauncher menu becuase the dumb thing won't let me paste it from the clipboard.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    My TomTom ask me to put in the activation code every time the Treo reset. Is this normal?

I have to put the code on my HiLauncher menu becuase the dumb thing won't let me paste it from the clipboard.
    No, that is not normal. I don't use HiLauncher, but have not had to reenter the activation code since installing, last week. But, I've only reset my Treo once in that time, and it was to test, with mReset, to see if I could recreate your problem on my Treo. I'm guessing you have a software conflict.
    I sent them an email. This is ridiculous. I can't believe a technology company doesn't have an activation process that works.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    i just tried again this morning and was able to get it towrk. ridiculous that it only seems to work 50% of the time...
    Same here. Not sure why it has to be so difficult. It's a simple script.