1.    #1  
    They both seem to share (essentially) the same feature set; they're both priced almost identically. In day to day usage, who likes which better and why? I know I can test them myself (and am), but I always like to hear what others have to say.
    David
    I found TreoGuard to have too many apparent conflicts or bugs with day-to-day operation. I have it installed but disabled. I have never experienced trouble with Phone Technician.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I found TreoGuard to have too many apparent conflicts or bugs with day-to-day operation. I have it installed but disabled. I have never experienced trouble with Phone Technician.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    David
    I have used TreoGuard since December without issue.
    I cannont comment on TreoGuard having never used it. Phone Technician (by the Butler developer) has worked flawlessly form me.
    TreoGuard user since inception. Tried PhoneTechnician for a while to compare. Hands down, TreoGuard has more useful features and worth the money. IMO.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I have had TreoGuard since last December and except for an occasional screen doen not turn off during a call, I have had no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    TreoGuard user since inception. Tried PhoneTechnician for a while to compare. Hands down, TreoGuard has more useful features and worth the money. IMO.

would you elaborate on which TreoGuard features you really value that aren't in Phone Technician?
    (PT is mine)

Thanks

(edit) meant to add - One feature that Phone Tech has that I don't think treoguard has is that you don't need a seperate mp3 player on the treo 650
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 07/29/2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    ^
    TreoGuard can disable certain buttons or assign functions to buttons when a call is received - the reason I got this app to begin with. Remember when taking it out of the case can answer the call? That seems so long ago.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Thanks,

Phone Tech can't assign features to keys - but you might be interested in a feature in the new beta. It was for someone who really doesn't want to accidentally answer calls - basically you have to press the option key AND green/red or whtever to answer. Really hard to do THAT accidentally.
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    would you elaborate on which TreoGuard features you really value that aren't in Phone Technician?
    (PT is mine)

Thanks

(edit) meant to add - One feature that Phone Tech has that I don't think treoguard has is that you don't need a seperate mp3 player on the treo 650
    One thing I like about TreoGuard that Phone Technician doesn't have is more thorough scheduling for the RADIO ON/OFF function. It would be cool to have the ability to schedule more than ONE schedule for the radio, like me, who likes to have my radio ON at 7:30AM (M-F), OFF at 10:30PM (M-F), ON at 10:00AM (Sat/Sun), OFF at 12:00AM (Friday/Sat Nights) and finally OFF again at 10:30PM (Sunday nights).
    TreoGuard allows for this flexibility.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I've used both, and both seem to work fine, for me. I use TreoGuard now. Why? I bought and paid for it before PT was available,and when I tried PT it didn't seem to offer any compelling reason to pay for YAPS (yet another piece of software).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13. GXT
    Thanks,

Phone Tech can't assign features to keys - but you might be interested in a feature in the new beta. It was for someone who really doesn't want to accidentally answer calls - basically you have to press the option key AND green/red or whtever to answer. Really hard to do THAT accidentally.
    Could you consider at least one more scheduling for the RADIO ON/OFF function? I like the fact that I do not have to use another program (PocketTunes) to use the full capacity.
  14. GXT
    Thanks,

Could you please post the new beta for me? Thanks.
    new beta is at http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php
    - and yes, more scheduling is definitely in the plan
    Hobbyist Software