Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'm not looking for earbuds, or other ear pieces that hang over the ear, I'm looking for a small headset like these from Sony. I like being able to slip them off quickly and have them hanging around my neck. Besides, earbuds don't fit in my ears...

BTW... I cut the connector off of my headset and tried soldering them to a 2.5 plug I got at Radio Shack.. As far as I'm concerned, it's impossible to get a good solder connection before the plastic starts melting... Maybe I need to find a "true" electronics store and see what they have in regards to a 2.5 plug I can solder.

David...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hi
    I got the Treo Stereo Headphone Adapter from Palm so I can use any headsett I like...

Itīs a 2.5 > 3.5 convertion

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0006&cat=20023

Isnt life beautyful ?
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    Don't they have this one too?

It looks like it would put less stress on the jack?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    lappari and Big_OTR

What's the dimensions on the adapters? I was using a straight adapter which I thought was HUGE... at 2" long. Also, the plug on my headset is a elbow connector, so adding another elbow connector doesn't seem like it'd work well.

Why oh why didn't palm use their heads on this one...

Thanks,

David...
    You also might try getting the Seidio 2-in-1 adapter so that you can use any pair of earbuds/headphones that you wish for music purposes AND as a headset as well.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../73-75--48.htm

They also have retractable ones...but I try to stay away from retractable products myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ

Thanks,

David...
    Because it is a PHONE! Try and find a 3.5mm phone headset. If you didn't have BT ability, and Palm did use the 3.5mm jack, you'd be *****ing that you can't find any headsets for the phone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    lappari and Big_OTR

What's the dimensions on the adapters? I was using a straight adapter which I thought was HUGE... at 2" long. Also, the plug on my headset is a elbow connector, so adding another elbow connector doesn't seem like it'd work well.

Thanks,

David...
    Definitely get the one that Big OTR Fan recommended (Seidio):
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--337.htm

I bought that after buying that bunk right angle piece of bulk - the freedom of motion with the Siedio adapter he suggested is absolutely liberating compared to that right angle adapter.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    You also might try getting the Seidio 2-in-1 adapter so that you can use any pair of earbuds/headphones that you wish for music purposes AND as a headset as well.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../73-75--48.htm

They also have retractable ones...but I try to stay away from retractable products myself.
    I have the retractable ones, and most of the time they're in the retracted mode, cause the headphone cord is more than long enough. Has come in handy when I needed a bit more length. Being able to listen to music and switch to a phone call is great. I just wish there was a bluetooth stereo headset with mic available.... or is there one and I've missed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I just wish there was a bluetooth stereo headset with mic available.... or is there one and I've missed it?
    There is the Bluetake i-Phono, but the stereo music won't work since the 650 doesn't have the A2DP profile (phone function should work). Using the dongle would make it work for music. Pricey.
    Last edited by Ree Nigne; 07/29/2005 at 06:02 PM.