Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yea...I can play MP3s, OGGs, movies...heck, I can even play Doom without a hitch.

It might not be able to compile code as quickly as you'd like, or play the latest greatest game....but other than that, it does it all perfectly fine.

300MHz did A LOT for a desktop back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    Well, I finally found it here. This dude Mort has an external lcd running off his Treo in his car. If you scroll down he's got some pics. At least its a step in the right direction...

Hey Dragan...

Thanks for the heads up on the thread. Now that's what I call talkin turkey, or is that talkin Treo. Anyway, that's exactly what I have been thinking about doing.

I have to find that stuff soooon.

Chuck
    i am not saying the treo is slow at all. mine does what i want it to, and rather impressively. in order to replace my laptop it would have to run photoshop, and i dont think that will happen for a while. same thing with my camera, it will not replace my canon 5mp camera, but that doesnt mean the built in camera is worthless. the one thing i think it may be replacing soon is my ipod...maybe it already has
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey Dragan...

Thanks for the heads up on the thread. Now that's what I call talkin turkey, or is that talkin Treo. Anyway, that's exactly what I have been thinking about doing.

I have to find that stuff soooon.

Chuck

ok, i now see the value of getting this in a vehicle, still not sure about carrying it everywhere though....
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    i am not saying the treo is slow at all. mine does what i want it to, and rather impressively. in order to replace my laptop it would have to run photoshop, and i dont think that will happen for a while. same thing with my camera, it will not replace my canon 5mp camera, but that doesnt mean the built in camera is worthless. the one thing i think it may be replacing soon is my ipod...maybe it already has
    I guess it really depends how people use their computers. Most people don't need something like Photoshop all the time. And this accessory would have to completely replace a laptop ALL the time, but it could be useful on some trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek
    Does no one else think it would be great to have an external lcd screen, maybe 14 inches or bigger, maybe either connected via bluetooth or otherwise, that would let you use the treo more like a laptop?

With an external large screen and an external keyboard, both running on bluetooth, you could just keep the treo in your pocket and use DocsToGo, browse the web, check your email... Why hasn't this been done? I don't know alot about the ins and outs of the hardware, but it doesn't seem like it would be THAT hard, you know?

The resolution wouldn't be amazing I'm sure, but it would sure be easier to work with for long periods of time and a lightweight alternative to a laptop!
    First, be careful what you ask for; you might get it.

Second, on a flight from Hawaii to LAX a man was wathching The Aviator on his Treo 650 (mmplayer. Will not load on my Treo. Wants more storage. I only have 7M free). Intimate but it worked.

Third, PDAReach.
    i just wonder if people saw it was the size of a laptop if they would be dissapointed with the performance? it will be cool when we get there, i love the idea of carring around everything i need in something the size of my treo.
    Yes, I think it would be great. Example, I could manage personal email at my office without having to go through my desktop on the company server. With the 700P I would have 2nd internet at work, primary WP and internet on the road and could be in the form factor of a foldable keyboard with flip up screen and docking station. Even if the screen was only 7 inches that would be a HUGE improvement.

I have been looking for something like this to no avail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Or perhaps the Treo 1100 will have a mini-LCD projector that gives you a 20-inch image on a white wall or whiteboard (and one of those IR projected keyboards).
    They already have a working prototype of a device no larger than the camera in the Treo which can project a 15" monochrome image. And the light-based keyboards are only $184.95... I kind of want to buy one...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123