1.    #1  
    Is there any little app or utility that, when launched, simply disconnects from the data network without further ado?

I'm looking for a one-touch disconnect method, regardless what app I'm in. I'd like to assign a Favorite key to it.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I use Hi-Launcher...it enables me to put in "Network" which I can toggle on and off. You can launch the app while in any other program. Look for it in palmgear or handango.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    I use Hi-Launcher...it enables me to put in "Network" which I can toggle on and off. You can launch the app while in any other program. Look for it in palmgear or handango.
    yes but DocGo wouldnt that disconnect from the whole network altogether?
    Quote Originally Posted by gellmanb
    Is there any little app or utility that, when launched, simply disconnects from the data network without further ado?

I'm looking for a one-touch disconnect method, regardless what app I'm in. I'd like to assign a Favorite key to it.
    Resetnetlib written by doomsey

Very useful software.. Does exactly waht you are asking for.

http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    thanks, aprasad
    reset-netlib is a bit TOO useful, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    reset-netlib is a bit TOO useful, if you ask me.
    I just installed it and it seems to do what I want it to, which is disconnect from the network. Is there something else we should know about?
    I think he is joking .. Resetnetlib is normally used to reset the network after the Treo networking hangs or gets screwed up.

Ideally, one should never have to use this application in that capacity.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I think he is joking .. Resetnetlib is normally used to reset the network after the Treo networking hangs or gets screwed up.

Ideally, one should never have to use this application in that capacity.
    Thanks for the reassurance. Is there any downside to using it to disconnect from the netowrk as opposed to going to the network screen?
    I use netselect and map it to my option button and phone off button. It comes in handy I can connect or disconnect easily. The best part is I can switch from vision to DUN bluetooth networks at my home from netselect very fast.

http://www.79bmedia.de/content/view/24/46/
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    Thanks for the reassurance. Is there any downside to using it to disconnect from the netowrk as opposed to going to the network screen?
    I haven't come across any.

The author can elaborate on how the 2 methods are different from each other ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM