1.    #1  
    My free space only went from 3.8MB to 5.8MB. It seems that other people are experiencing a much more dramatic increase in available memory.

What could be taking up so much space? I don't have very many photos or videos stored.

I launched Hand Zipper, and the only huge file is ImageLib_imageDB, which takes up 7MB! What exactly is this file? Should it be that big? What can I do?

Are there any other ways I can save space? I don't have very many third-party apps installed (just Snapper Mail, Butler, Directory Assistant, Missing Sync and Hand Zipper).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Move all your pics and vids to the SD and see how much memory frees up. Videos take up more space than you think...
    And in the future . . . . . tap the SD card icon within the camera or video application and your pictures and videos will automatically be saved to the SD card. . . .instead of internal memory.

If you use Docs to Go -- use the Data Viz tool:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240
    Perry...DataViz should be giving you a commission. ;-P
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys. I don't use Docs to Go very often, so no problems there.

The reason I save photos and video to ROM instead of to the SD card is that the 650 hangs for too long while accessing the SD card for photos. It's really frustrating! I get the "Please Wait" screen for what seems like 30 seconds or more before the photos appear. Aargh!
    I think that the people who get big memory increases with the updates are the ones who have databases that are highly fragmented such as running ePocrates and having a ton of contacts. With ePocrates sitting in handheld memory as well as having about 5000 contacts (don't ask), I had about a 10 meg memory increase by updating.
    Since when is a 50% increase not big?
  8.    #8  
    It's a nice chunk, but it's not the monumental jump others have been experiencing.
    percentage wise, my increase was similar. 6.5 megs -> 12.5 megs
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by leefarber
    Thanks guys. I don't use Docs to Go very often, so no problems there.

If you have Docs to Go installed, it doesn't matter how much you use it. The tool can save you up to 4mb by moving the DTG programs to the SD card, but allows you to still run them from internal memory. You cannot do this manually. It won't work. Only the Data Viz tool can do it.

Yes Christina -- I should get a commission!
    Quote Originally Posted by leefarber
    The reason I save photos and video to ROM instead of to the SD card is that the 650 hangs for too long while accessing the SD card for photos. It's really frustrating! I get the "Please Wait" screen for what seems like 30 seconds or more before the photos appear. Aargh!

What kind of SD card?
    What Size?
    How full?

I have a 2.0GB SanDisk Ultra II -- pictures process as fast as internal memory. . . . . .

Something is wrong, 30 seconds is waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooo long.