Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Previously, I could beam receive, but not send. Now I cant even receive, let alone send....what gives?
    Did you just do a ROM update?

Beam Recieve "ON" under System> Preferences> Power> ?
  3.    #3  
    yes, I did the new sprint upgrade two weeks ago, yesterday was probably the first time I tried to beam since the upgrade
    Beam Recieve set to ON? as in #2 above
  5.    #5  
    ps how do i get to system?
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2
    ps how do i get to system?

main pda desktop (where the program icons are)

top line, middle, hit the down arrow by the word that says main or all or . . .
  7.    #7  
    found it, beam rec'v is on
    Is your HotSync username long?
    and it will not recieve now? How are you testing this? Make sure the infared ports are lined up between the two devices . . . .

To Beam, hit the menu button at the main desktop then select "Beam" (not send)
    make sure the other device has beam recieve on. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Is your HotSync username long?

I hear a solution coming. . . . .
  11.    #11  
    it is fairly long, it says mr neil drucker, eg, my full name..is that problemmatic for beaming??
    A long time ago, people were saying if your HotSync ID is longer than 10? characters, there would be problems with IR Beaming. Mine is 15 and I've always had trouble...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    A long time ago, people were saying if your HotSync ID is longer than 10? characters, there would be problems with IR Beaming. Mine is 15 and I've always had trouble...
    my user ids have always been under 10 characters (for nine years), I have never had a problem beaming or receiving.
  14.    #14  
    can i change my username without screwing everything else up?
    Good Question. I am not at home, so I cannot look at my Palm desktop to see how that is done the easiest way.

Check the Palm Web site. Go to support, then search for "change user id" and see if anything comes up.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(33416),ts=Palm_External2001
  16.    #16  
    will do, thanks all!
    You'd have to change it on your desktop, too. And, most apps that are purchased have registration codes tied to your HotSync ID. You would have to change those through the developers.
    I posted a link in #15, you will have to paste it into your web browser.
    i all of a sudden can't beam or send via bluetooth now,i dont know what happened because it was working fine just two day ago.....i dont have a long user id,and i dont or never had any keyboard software installed so i'm at a lost....what could be causing this problem?
    I remember somewhere before that people had the beam/send/reset problem before and that it was the saved prefs file causing the problem. using filez I deleted saved and un saved prefs, I still can't send/beam so maybe it's an app causing this issue......anyone have similar problems,any known fixes??
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast