Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    hello everyone,

    I just got my Treo 650 yesterday and it kicks so much ***. the only thing I'm not liking right now is that when it alerts me that there is a txt message that was sent to me it displays the content of the txt in the alert. is there any way i can configure it to just alert me that there is a txt message and from whom it was sent?

    thanks in advanced.

    -scott
  2. #2  
    Menu > Options > Preferences
    Check the "Privacy Mode" box
  3.    #3  
    i don't see a "privacy mode" box in sms > options>preferences
  4. #4  
    Hmmm...I think I did this before. I have a Cingular GSM T650. It may be different if you're on Sprint or Verizon. Sorry...

    Someone will pop in and help.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Hmmm...I think I did this before. I have a Cingular GSM T650. It may be different if you're on Sprint or Verizon. Sorry...

    Someone will pop in and help.
    It's the same for Sprint. Go to the Messaging application, then Options-->Preferences-->Messages tab-->Privacy Mode (hide text)
    I'm back!
  6. #6  
    msgs> options> preferences> messages tab [] Privacy mode

    (Sprint 1.08)
  7. #7  
    it's the box that says "Privacy Mode (hide text)"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    I sooo wanted to click the "OK" button on the way out of that screen shot. . . .
  9. #9  
    You won't be the only one. But you will be the only to admit it...

    Bwahahahahaha!!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    it's the box that says "Privacy Mode (hide text)"
    You think? I heard that somewhere before.
    I'm back!
  11. #11  
    Was I not clear when I said "Check the 'Privacy Mode' box"?

    See? I told you they'd help...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Was I not clear when I said "Check the 'Privacy Mode' box"?
    Apparently not.
    I'm back!
  13.    #13  
    i have verizon - i searched high and low and still cant see it
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by geminigrudge
    i have verizon - i searched high and low and still cant see it
    Try MMS, and look under perferences.

    Should see Display Alerts In Privacy Mode
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15.    #15  
    you guys are geniouses
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by geminigrudge
    you guys are geniouses
    So I've been told. It never gets old hearing it though.
    I'm back!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    So I've been told. It never gets old hearing it though.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    It can be hard being so smart AND so sarcastic at the same time.
    I'm back!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It can be hard being so smart AND so sarcastic at the same time.
    And yet, you manage...day after day!

    How DO you do it??
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    And yet, you manage...day after day!

    How DO you do it??
    Let me tell you what, it's hard sometimes. Really hard.
    I'm back!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions