Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have narrowed my backup choices for my T650 down to two choices: CardBackup and RescoBackup. They both seem to work and the choice is based on personal preference. I know there are others but these seem to do what I need. So, what are the comments? Anybody have any good or bad experiences?
    I'm demoing/trialing Resco Backup right now and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the speed, the ability to update an existing backup with changed files etc... has some bugs but overall pretty stable...never tried CardBackup
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    scotty...have you done a had reset/restore with resco?
    yep. about 5 times with the CNG vs CNB update debacle. No probs during restore which wasn't the case wIth BackupBuddy which crashed each time half way through

thanks!
  6.    #6  
    My observations so far: Both skip shim logs (whatever that is) during backup. Both seem to backup relatively fast, both are about the same cost. Resco is registered for one year and CB is for life. Resco seems to work without graffiti, CB does not. Resco works fine for restore (see above) and CB is unknown. I'd say the advantage goes to Rescoe.
    I tried Resco Backup and it gave me a problem restoring VoiceDial Pro.
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use Resco Explorer's backup, and am now on the trial of RescoBackup. I like Resco's ability to verify the backup, which makes me feel a little safer. I've never used CB, so I don't know if it has this feature, but I've never heard of another app having it. It also has a lot of options for partial backups, finding files that are newer or older, or when the file sizes differ between your RAM and backups.
    I use Resco Backup also....never had problems before.
    I tried Resco Backup and it gave me a problem restoring VoiceDial Pro.
    All backup progs have this problem, even via hotsync restore. You have to reinstall it

Not the latest version of Backup Buddy. It backs up and restores everything without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyGM
    Resco is registered for one year and CB is for life.
    This is slightly misleading. You get free updates for a year, it doesn't not become unregistered after a year (you are not compelled to purchase an upgrade).

Currently at under 10 dollars, it is looking like a better option for me to buy Resco Backup, seeing as BlueNomad still has not updated BackupBuddyVFS Personal to work reliably on the Treo 650.

It is cheaper for me to buy Resco Backup outright rather than upgrading to BB VFS Professional (from Personal) to get a reliable backup option for the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I use CardBackup. Very reliable. Love the timed backups.
  14.    #14  
    Do you get the error message with CardBackup on each backup that mentions skipping the shim logs? Anybody know what that means?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    CardBackup lets you setup an exclusion list. I've excluded shim logs. This is a file that gets regenerated by the Treo. The backup/restore is not ffected by excluding it.
    I use CardBackup too. Would NOT be without it.

Does anyone else do this? I have a spare card that I back up to occasionally, maybe every couple of weeks. It stays at home so that if I ever lose the card in my Treo or god forbid, it should ever get lost or stolen, I still have a backup of my data.

I don't have any experience with the other program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    Not the latest version of Backup Buddy. It backs up and restores everything without a problem.
    Do you know if it also restores Java or Voicememo and Notepad?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I use three backup programs: CardBackup, Backupman, and Backup Buddy. None will restore Java correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    I use three backup programs: CardBackup, Backupman, and Backup Buddy. None will restore Java correctly.
    Sounds like none of them are working for you? Why use all three if not one of them are working perfectly? Not to question you, just wondering what the benefit is, really? I fully recognize your right to use whatever software you wish however you wish. Just wondering what you get out of using three that don't work 100%

Resco Backup is slowly beating BBVFSPro off of my machine...

And I do see the benefit of having multiple backups, I do the same. Just both of mine work.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    For Resco Backup users: I'm liking all its features, though I have it set to backup after a hotsync and my Treo600 resets everytime. I don't have any apps like AfterSync that would possibly interfere with that process.

Is anyone else getting the same thing? Even if you don't use that backup after hotsync setting, would you mind quickly using that setting and then doing a hotsync just so I know that I'm crazy and doing something wrong somewhere?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast