Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    If I were to choose one program: Resco Explorer (that allows for backups but not timed backups--as well as alot more functionality) or Resco Backup (allows for timed backups only)--which one would you recommend?
    Alright, after a couple user-induced resets my backup after hotsync setting in Resco Backup now works properly.

I really like RBackup now and I am contemplating the same question, zelgo. I'm treating myself to some more of that 20% sale at PalmGear that ends today and don't know if I want to get Resco Backup on top of Resco Explorer. I'm definitely getting Explorer, and basically all I want out of Resco Backup is the ability to schedule (I could live without its advanced features). But even with the discount I would still be paying $8 *just* for the ability to schedule.

So I think I'm just gonna go with Explorer and do manual backups.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    I'm treating myself to some more of that 20% sale at PalmGear that ends today....
    Thanks for reminding me...ya saved me like $10!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    and don't know if I want to get Resco Backup on top of Resco Explorer. I'm definitely getting Explorer, and basically all I want out of Resco Backup is the ability to schedule (I could live without its advanced features). But even with the discount I would still be paying $8 *just* for the ability to schedule.

So I think I'm just gonna go with Explorer and do manual backups.
    I chose Explorer a long time ago and wish I had the timed backups of course, but I've made it along fine without them so far. Maybe you all can just set yourselves reminders to manually do it at a certain time. I haven't done that yet, but I'm gonna start doing it now that I've thought about it.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Sounds like none of them are working for you? Why use all three if not one of them are working perfectly? Not to question you, just wondering what the benefit is, really? I fully recognize your right to use whatever software you wish however you wish. Just wondering what you get out of using three that don't work 100%

Resco Backup is slowly beating BBVFSPro off of my machine...

And I do see the benefit of having multiple backups, I do the same. Just both of mine work.
    Are you saying that Resco Backup correctly restores ALL files, including JAVA? If that's the case, I'm switching.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    Are you saying that Resco Backup correctly restores ALL files, including JAVA?
    It doesn't restore two files: "J9 Java VM" and "J9 MIDP Bundle". I just keep separate copies of these on the card and copy them back to RAM after the restore. VoiceDial is also not restored, so I keep a copy of the installer on the card as well.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    Are you saying that Resco Backup correctly restores ALL files, including JAVA? If that's the case, I'm switching.
    Sorry, not sure. Didn't mean to get anyone thinking something that may not be. I don't use the java at all, not installed so I don't know if Resco restored java or voicedial.

I doubt it, all the backups seem to choke on those.

I just meant that Resco was working great for me.

Sorry again if I mislead anyone. I use Resco and BBVFS Pro and Resco is surpassing BBVFS in my opinion. That is all I meant to say.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by plaut
    It doesn't restore two files: "J9 Java VM" and "J9 MIDP Bundle". I just keep separate copies of these on the card and copy them back to RAM after the restore. VoiceDial is also not restored, so I keep a copy of the installer on the card as well.
    plaut, does this work? Do you just copy them back using Filez? How'd you get them there in the first place (with Filez as well or with a card reader) ?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    plaut, does this work? Do you just copy them back using Filez? How'd you get them there in the first place (with Filez as well or with a card reader) ?
    Works for me. I use ZLauncher to move the files around, but I'm sure FileZ would work as well.
    Actually Filez doesn't work. Maybe it's my palm, or maybe I need to use ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    Actually Filez doesn't work. Maybe it's my palm, or maybe I need to use ZLauncher
    You're right - FileZ doesn't work (but ZLauncher does, as does RescoExplorer).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12