Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    flash back the unlocked 1.28 ROW upgrade. if it tells you its not compatible, you might have to flash to beta 1.23 first and then to 1.28
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    With 1.31 I can confirm better voice quality but no improvement in volume.
    I've re-enabled VolumeCare.
    I'm using an unlocked GSM 650.
    I am still waiting/hoping that there is a firmware genius out there that can pull the updated BT drivers from the Sprint update (increased car kit support) and incorporate those into the GSM version.....please someone please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by medic
    i messed up this process by using the cingular updater on my unlock phone when i did a hotsync. i canceled the process but now my unbranded phone now shows that cinular logo when u turn on the phone. does anyone know how i get it back to just the regular unbranded start up?
    You should be able to use the unlocked GSM 1.28 updater from the Palm site.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    You should be able to use the unlocked GSM 1.28 updater from the Palm site.
    I tried that and it says that the version on the phone is higher and it is canceling the updater. cingular is 1.15 and unbranded is 1.13 and it won't let me revert back.
    There were some pre-1.28 SD card updaters. You should be able to run one of them then use the 1.28 updater. I believe the SD card updaters don't check the version number.
  7.    #87  
    I suggest you run the 1.21 or 1.15 rom updates then upgrade to the official unlocked GSM.
    I confirm that 1.31 voice quality improved, but not much on volume
    May be MIC volume is better than 1.28.. but not sure

I will enable VolumeCare again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I can upload the 1.28 firmware files for you. But you shouldn't have a problem with 1.31. Could it be a pairing problem ?
    Can you please do this? Just in case? I'm using the 1.31 firmware now with no apparent problems....but if I need to go back....Thanks!
    I can upload the 1.28 firmware files for you. But you shouldn't have a problem with 1.31. Could it be a pairing problem ?
    Can you please uploaded im still having problem with 1.31
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by hberbout123
    Can you please uploaded im still having problem with 1.31
    Here is the 1.28 Firmware download
    link
    Still no takers on my BT request?
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG61376
    Still no takers on my BT request?
    Message Shadowmite, only he has the qualifications for this kind of task. Im just not sure if he'll entertain it though as Palm already sent him a letter regarding custom roms.
    link
    Thanks!
    I went from FW: 1.28 SW:1.13-ROW
    Upgraded the firmware to 1.31
    Now at FW: 1.31 SW:1.13-ROW

Results:
    No increase in volume. No noticeable changes at all.
    People report improved clarity with 1.31 over 1.28, but personally calls were always crystal clear with 1.28 so I don't know how there was room for improvement. This is one reason I rave about GSM. It simply sounds a heck of a lot better than CDMA, TDMA, etc.

I've done side by side comparisons with my wife's Treo 650 (FW 1.28) and mine with FW at 1.31. They sound identical.

Conclusion: Improvements are subtle or transparent. Might as well upgrade, I'm sure you'll benefit from it some way. Just don't expect anything obvious.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I went from FW: 1.28 SW:1.13-ROW
    Upgraded the firmware to 1.31
    Now at FW: 1.31 SW:1.13-ROW

Results:
    No increase in volume. No noticeable changes at all.
    People report improved clarity with 1.31 over 1.28, but personally calls were always crystal clear with 1.28 so I don't know how there was room for improvement. This is one reason I rave about GSM. It simply sounds a heck of a lot better than CDMA, TDMA, etc.

I've done side by side comparisons with my wife's Treo 650 (FW 1.28) and mine with FW at 1.31. They sound identical.

Conclusion: Improvements are subtle or transparent. Might as well upgrade, I'm sure you'll benefit from it some way. Just don't expect anything obvious.
    I believe that is the the best Firmware software combo to have on 650 GSM. Ihave the same and no longer experiencing freezes or any screen light ups due to signal drops.
    link
    Thank you very much.
    link
    THANK U SO MUCH
  19.    #99  
    JM8753, joolsca, hberbout123:

You're all welcome! : ) Are you guys still having problems with 1.31 or you just want to have the choice to revert back just in case?
    Well, I've definitely noticed volume improvements from 1.28 to 1.31. I removed VolumeCare from my Treo. Can't speak to improved call clarity, but no complaints either.

One thing I've *definitely* noticed is FAR FEWER RESETS! Particularly using ChatterEmail in combination with VeriChat, I was getting resets so frequently I began testing replacements for VeriChat again. But with 1.31, I'm getting radically fewer resets than before -- no, not zero, but a lot fewer.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast