Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    However, the sound is more clear. There seems to be less hiss and static in the handset. Tower connections are more stable and the screen comes on much less often. My wife has a 650 also and while driving last night her screen (her phone is not yet updated) was coming on frequently and mine never did.

I use the Plantronics 510 bluetooth headset and connetion speed on outgoing calls is faster. For example, when calling my voicemail I usually missed the first part of the announcement that says how many messages I have. I know hear that part of the message each time.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    However, the sound is more clear. There seems to be less hiss and static in the handset. Tower connections are more stable and the screen comes on much less often. My wife has a 650 also and while driving last night her screen (her phone is not yet updated) was coming on frequently and mine never did.

I use the Plantronics 510 bluetooth headset and connetion speed on outgoing calls is faster. For example, when calling my voicemail I usually missed the first part of the announcement that says how many messages I have. I know hear that part of the message each time.
    Thanks for the update.
    I'll look of for these...
    sound not loud im using VC again
    The anoying part

my bluetooth messed up i cant pair it with my BMW X5 any more, treo find the X5 BUT fail to connect.

when i had the 1.28 i had no problem pairing it with X5

Is there away to go back to 1.28? i hard reset it twice but no luck
  4.    #64  
    I can upload the 1.28 firmware files for you. But you shouldn't have a problem with 1.31. Could it be a pairing problem ?
    I found 1.31 is lound and clear without VC
    So I decided to stop using VC
    but if you want extra volume of VC
    I suggested to stick with 1.28 with VC
    I am using 1.31 too and am leaving VC enabled. I don't see any downside to leaving VC enabled. I have the MIC and speakerphone set to max for volume and boost with VC.

Are other 1.31 users turning off VC or leaving it on? It is is on what are your settings?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Are other 1.31 users turning off VC or leaving it on?
    I'm leaving it on for now...but I'll watch this thread carefully.
    for me, volume is better with VC left on.

KeNg
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by kittiyut
    for me, volume is better with VC left on.

KeNg
    Best setting for mic is at 30 (max is 31) which is what Jeff uses too. I've done testing with and without. I don't see why I should turn it off if it does what it should do. The volume and mic boost given by VC compliments the improved clarity of 1.31. Just make sure that you have the latest build (3.18) . For more info, go to the VC thread under Jeff Gibson.

You don't have to stay with 1.28 to use VC as the program is not firmware specific. It was also made to be compatible with the current GSM and CDMA updated Treos. Since the firmware I posted here is from the latest Cingular, no worries then.

*Edited to correct version number
    Last edited by MFB; 08/01/2005 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Best setting for mic is at 30 (max is 31) which is what Jeff uses too. I've done testing with and without. I don't see why I should turn it off if it does what it should do. The volume and mic boost given by VC compliments the improved clarity of 1.31. Just make sure that you have the latest build (2.18) . For more info, go to the VC thread under Jeff Gibson.

You don't have to stay with 1.28 to use VC as the program is not firmware specific. It was also made to be compatible with the current GSM and CDMA updated Treos. Since the firmware I posted here is from the latest Cingular, no worries then.
    Thanks for your support!

Just one small correction. The current version of VolumeCare is v3.18.

This version has an option that works around GSM phone library bugs. This option is called "Call Waiting GSM Bug". It is in the Global Options menu screen. This option is automatically enabled for GSM phones but if you are having problems with VC not giving you increased volume, disable this option and see if this allows for increased volume. I am unsure if this operating system bug is present in all GSM phones and ROMS. So that is why I made this an option.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Anyone else find any improvements with 1.31FW on Unlocked GSM treo 650??Plz report back...
    In b/w I tried the FW on my existing 1.28FW but haven't found any difference so far. I think both these FW must be same because released both of them at nearly same time the only difference should be carrier specific files, nothing else.But still I tried 'coz many have reported improved or increased volumes.
    Just a quick one, if I want to revert back to 1.28 I just need to install it the way we did it when it was released??
    I just installed 1.31FW on my 1.28ROW treo. However, I just downloaded a custom 1.28 ROM that removes all languages except english, tutorial, and realplayer. If I install this new custom ROW via SD card, will it overright to 1.28? or will the 1.31 take precedent?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    I just installed 1.31FW on my 1.28ROW treo. However, I just downloaded a custom 1.28 ROM that removes all languages except english, tutorial, and realplayer. If I install this new custom ROW via SD card, will it overright to 1.28? or will the 1.31 take precedent?
    If you install 1.31 after the ROM update it should only change your radio firmware and not change your ROM at all. However, I believe that the ROM update includes a radio firmware update and will overwrite the 1.31 firmware if it is done after the 1.31 update. It only takes a few minutes to do the 1.31 update so it shouldn't be to much of a problem.
    is there anyway I can replace the radio firmware update on my custom 1.13 ROW ROM and have it so that it flashes 1.31 ?
    the files for FW1.31 have 7 files:
    FirmwareFlasher.pdb
    FirmwareParamInd.pdb
    FirmwarePatch2.pdb
    FirmwarePatch.pdb
    FirmwareStackRel.pdb
    FirmwareUpdaterApp.prc
    FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.prc

The files in the custom rom have the same first 5 files except: FirmwareUpdaterApp.bprc, and FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.oprc as well as the other 4 languages (de, es, fr, it). If I were to replace the 5 files from FW1.31 over the ones in the custom ROM and then rename the FirmwareUpdaterApp.prc to .bprc as well as FirmwareUpdaterApp_enUS.prc to .oprc wouldnt that make my custom ROM now have 1.31 built in. It would make sense except for having to rename the .bprc and .oprc file. Why do they have these extensions instead of .prc? Anyone have experience doing this?
  16. tmt
    Do NOT put these files in your custom ROM. Just install them to RAM, run them, and delete them if they're not removed automatically.

Once run, they'll never need to be run again, unless you reflash from another custom ROM and want to go back. Set-and-forget.
    why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    why not?
    It appears that you do not understand the difference between Firmware and ROM/RAM. The Firmware will be "programmed" into a special non-volitile RAM area, i.e. if you do a hard reset, you will never lose this information. It's there, it's burned in. It is always there and it's independent of the ROM in use. So, aftert the Firmware (NVRAM, this is NOT the NFVS RAM) is updated, the files can be deleted. Actually, if you keep them in your custom Rom, you are just wasting space and perhaps create a paperweight....

DON'T DO IT.
    I noticed a slight improvement in handset sound quiality, speaker phone still sucks though
    i messed up this process by using the cingular updater on my unlock phone when i did a hotsync. i canceled the process but now my unbranded phone now shows that cinular logo when u turn on the phone. does anyone know how i get it back to just the regular unbranded start up?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast