Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I've used Wordsmith on my Treo 270 for years. Last week I upgraded to a Treo 650. Today I installed Wordsmith. It doesn't support the 5-way! I mainly use it for memos and ebooks. I installed ereader for ebooks but I miss the nice fonts and the features it added to memos. It doesnt seem to run well from the SD Card (locks up) and it sure takes up a lot of memory. Does anyone know of a fix to add 5way support to Wordsmith or maybe another program that handles memos better than the built in? I've searched the forums but haven't found anything.
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    I assume you are using verion 2.2.26? I gave up on Wordsmith and went to Documents To Go because there seemed to be very little development on Wordsmith from Bluenomad. There is a Yahoo group you can reference as well (bn-wordsmith-discuss). That group has seen less and less activity over the past 4-5 months and that was another indicator to me that Bluenomad has changed their focus as it relates to Wordsmith.
    I wish you luck on your efforts to keep WordSmith going on your new Treo. In my experience it is worth a little extra setup time to keep the app you know (even if upgraded) rather than starting a new learning curve.

I read the currently active thread about Docs To Go - Install or Not? before replying here. Before I got my Treo, I had success with WordSmith syncing Word files on both my work PC and my home iBook. WordSmith did not break that setup - iSync did, though I tried to remove its conduit.

So first I stopped syncing WordSmith on the Mac, then on the work PC because for me Verizon provided Docs To Go on the CD with the Treo 650. And they pointed me toward an upgrade before installing the Verizon software update for the Treo 650 (to 1.03). Hope this helps.
    Why can't you be a nonconformist like everybody else?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I don't mind Docs To Go for word files. And eReader seems fine for books but I miss the memo features of Wordsmith. Anyone find a similiar program for memos but supports the 5-way?
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    I am looking for the exact same thing-- an enhanced memopad with 5-way nav support. I hope someone on the boards has a suggestion!