Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    I don't know anything about pocket dvd wizard, but it sounds like you do not have the audio codec needed to play it. FairUse Wizard is free, and it seems easy enough for me.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Okay, I finally successfully moved a movie from the comp to the treo...with the help of card export 2...my newfound love!
    Hello all,

Is there a way I can get any of my ~700MB DivX movies from my HDD onto my Treo 650? I put on the SD card a lot of smaller movies from the web and it worked, but teh mirage of having a full-lenght movie is too great. I do not have movies on DVD, but plenty of ~700MB movies ripped from DVDs. Will the same software work?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
  4.    #104  
    If you own the movies, where are the DVD's?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

I do not have the DVDs anymore. I gathered them from all possible sources: internet, colleagues, friends, etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
  6.    #106  
    Sounds like you have some illegal copies there. . .

Here's an idea: Go buy the DVD's and then you can rip them using my instructions!

So I noticed that the size choices in PocketDVD are a little different than in FairUse, where PocketDVD allows 320 x a higher number so it is more boxy looking than the pure letter box style. This makes everything a little stretched but not so bad and fills more of the screen. However, I just tried my PocketDVD and it keeps messing up. It seems to be recording the movie and then after a lonnnnng time when it seems to be done I go to the file and it is only like 2k or something. I think I have all setting correct and I didn't change anything from when I used to use it (I've been using FairUse much more lately but decided I wanted the more full screen size of PocketDVD for a few things). Anyone have similar issues or know of a fix?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Works well just ripped Shrek and Nemo (216 and 220mb each). I felt so mature watching shrek at my desk at work today.

I indexed Shrek in 18 minutes and ripped the DVD in about 50 minutes but the problem is I don't have a card reader and the PC with the DVD drive doesn't have bluetooth so it took about 2 hours to copy over an 802.11g network to my thinkpad with bluetooth and about 10 hours to sync to the SD Card using bluetooth (for some reason when I set up bluetooth networking the usb sync never worked again but I am not prepaired to try and fix it cause the bluetooth network connection is so much better for streaming music than my service provider).

thanks for the detailed walkthrough (some screen shots would be cool). My next mission is to run out and by a card reader and some 2 gig SD cards to start my TREO DVD library. (I thought I would never run out of space).
    I went from a Palm III to the Treo 650 just a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea the Treo could play movies and MP3's, I just wanted a newer Palm and combining it with a cell phone means one less gadget to carry around.
    Today I followed the steps for ripping a movie and it is unbelievable, I now have Star Wars 2 playing on the Treo.
    I need to experiment with some of the settings because I chopped off too much on the left and right side of the picture but next weekend I will try again, it took about 5 hours total including copying to the SD card.
    I have two weeks vacation during Christmas and I will be ripping all my Star Wars and other movie favorites. Looks like I'll need more than this one 1gb SD card.

Thanks for the walkthrough.

I read through all the posts in this thread but still confused on one item. Will someone post the two best cropping settings to use for ripping a widescreen movie and a fullscreen movie so the resulting file appears similar to a regular fullscreen movie?
    I don't want to lose as much from the side of the picture as I did following the instructions as posted.

Thank you.
    So, have ripped a couple of DVDs for my daughter to watch using Tony's instructions (thanks again Tony) and had a couple of questions.

Do most leave the "run second pass" option on during the final screen? I've done it for the first two videos, but have turned off for the latest one to see if it affects quality.

Second, Tony, why do you set the cropping region vs just selecting 4:3 view or one of the other preselects (I've been doing the 16:9, myself)? and how did you come up with the 150 left/569 right numbers? It almost seems like you'd want an even distribution of cropping so the center of the shot is captured (kinda like creating a best guess pan 'n scan).
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  11.    #111  
    The numbers I used for the cropping seem to work best for me. At least it will get you started. You can experiment from there.

If you have some better results with other numbers, share them with all of us!

12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by treos
    Works well just ripped Shrek and Nemo (216 and 220mb each). I felt so mature watching shrek at my desk at work today.

I indexed Shrek in 18 minutes and ripped the DVD in about 50 minutes but the problem is I don't have a card reader and the PC with the DVD drive doesn't have bluetooth so it took about 2 hours to copy over an 802.11g network to my thinkpad with bluetooth and about 10 hours to sync to the SD Card using bluetooth (for some reason when I set up bluetooth networking the usb sync never worked again but I am not prepaired to try and fix it cause the bluetooth network connection is so much better for streaming music than my service provider).

thanks for the detailed walkthrough (some screen shots would be cool). My next mission is to run out and by a card reader and some 2 gig SD cards to start my TREO DVD library. (I thought I would never run out of space).
    Yes, a card reader is a must. I am fortunate that my laptop is fast for ripping the movies and also has a built in card reader.

Hi. I didn't read all 6 pages to this thread, but I wanted to make mention of an awesome utility called VirtualDub. You can make Treo-compatible movies with it very, very easily. If it hasn't been mentioned in this thread already, I'll write out a quick guide.

Lemme know if interested.

-Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    just a follow up. This works for my Treo 700. TCPMP v0.71 I keep it in avi (audio mp3).
    Under preference in TCPMP you can route the video and make it brighter if you like so I didn't do need DVD Wizard to do that for me. But it does take like 5-6 hours (didn't time it, just left my laptop running the entire Sunday night).

thx everyone. As far as I know there were no update to this process but it still works!
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    OK, kids, for 30 bucks you can do one-step conversion to mp4 with DVD to iPod converter:
    http://www.lenogo.com/dvdmovietoipodvideoconverter
    I think that software is well worth the price. This is the fastest software on the market.

The mp4 files play fine with TCPMP. Thanks to popularity of iPod someone created that software which we can use for our Treos!
    I just used FairUse Wizard to convert a movie to my treo, but had a quick question before I used a card reader to move the file to my SD card. Do I need to create a folder on the SD card for the movie or do I just move the ogm file to the card? I have read that people have had trouble hotsyncing after they have moved a movie to their SD card, because for whatever reason while hotsyncing it freezes on Media trying to transfer the movie file back via hotsync. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    You can put it wherever you want, imho. I've never had a problem with it.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    FYI, over the weekend I tried the http://vemode.corecodec.org/ it's part of the corecodec project ( same project as TCPMP open source...free blah blah blah). It's has Treo configuration ready to go, so you don't have to test which frame rate and video and audio codecs to use. AND AND best of all it doesn't require 6GB space on your harddrive FairUse need when encoding.

But if you like to tweaks the setting FairUse is very good. I think it's less than $10 to register. If others have better ways of doing this please share.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Just used FairUse and Tony's instructions and it worked perfectly!! Thanks for the help!!
    Any "best" app for Mac users?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast