Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Do the upgrade again. The 2nd time it will read the correct firmware version.
    Agreed. That worked for me.
    Is there a way to just get the 1.31 firmware upgrade ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Is there a way to just get the 1.31 firmware upgrade ?
    Yeah... upgrade to 1.28 ROW, run the new cingular, you get 1.31 and 1.13 row, then if you run it second time, you get 1.31 and 1.15 cng
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    that sucks, why would they leave out call duration on the new update?
    My guess would be to avoid having to deal with customers complaining that they got charged for more airtime than what appears in their call log. As I understand it, Cingular charges from the moment you hit Send, while the Treo only starts counting once the call connects.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    Yeah... upgrade to 1.28 ROW, run the new cingular, you get 1.31 and 1.13 row, then if you run it second time, you get 1.31 and 1.15 cng
    Have you tried this? I'm playing around with the idea of upgrading firmware only for my unlocked GSM from 1.28 to 1.31. I assume that the Cingular lock and proprietary stuff are in the software.
    Have you tried this? I'm playing around with the idea of upgrading firmware only for my unlocked GSM from 1.28 to 1.31. I assume that the Cingular lock and proprietary stuff are in the software.
    Well yes. That's what happened to me. i had the 1.28 row, then when the cingular update came out, i ran it, and it was 1.31 firmware but 1.13 software. thought it didn't completely update, then someone said to run it again, and i did and now it's 1.31 firm, 1.15 soft.
    It seems the firmware files of 1.31 is very similar to the 1.30 that was made available from Hi Pda. I just extracted the files from the Cingular updater and am flashing my unlocked GSM from 1.30 to 1.31. I'll post again how it turns out. If everything is ok (as I expect) I'll post the file here
    Ok, it worked! Im now running an unlocked GSM with 1.31/1.13. I'll post the file on a new thread I will be starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    Well yes. That's what happened to me. i had the 1.28 row, then when the cingular update came out, i ran it, and it was 1.31 firmware but 1.13 software. thought it didn't completely update, then someone said to run it again, and i did and now it's 1.31 firm, 1.15 soft.

Thanks for your replies, it inspired my imagination and now I have 1.31 for my unlocked GSM.
    Thanks for your replies, it inspired my imagination and now I have 1.31 for my unlocked GSM.
    Since nobody (outside of Palm) knows if or how the firmware interacts with the software, I'd say you're tempting fate. But each to his own
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    You are a lifesaver! I wanted the 1.31 upgrade however I think my mac is making it so that I can't get the cingular version on my phone (I read someone else in the forums with the same prob. got it fixed when he used a pc) and since the pcs at work are not compatible with the treo software, well this is just great i am so ready to try it when I get home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12