Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dccharacter
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Mine keeps saying it's missing the Java when it searches for the map, but I had the Java installed for the other version of KMaps, why isn't it working on this version? Here's what it does:

X Oops!
    javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException: Host lookup failed: null - nonexistant DNS name (0x123E)
    Try running the application over!
    That was for Rick
  2.    #162  
    I posted KMaps 1.2 on www.alealea.com... Real Time Traffic Info, some shortcuts - "I" to Zoom In by one level while on the Map, "O" to Zoom Out. You still want to use center to jump by more zoom levels though. Also, a bit of memory optimization... You may try to save more often while "collecting" tiles. Saving map more often releases some memory now. E.g. if you are into tile hunting mode, keep pressing "S" after each few loads... Should be a bit better now...
    Ivan do we resync the pimop and the fileconnect if its already on the palm. Are they changed with each update?
  4.    #164  
    No, they are not changed.... Only KMaps changes. However, I had to remove KMaps.prc from update since I got a lots of emails with error reporting from the people who don't read the whole text, but rather just downlaod KMaps.prc (although it said it was only for update, not for the new downlaod) without installing the other two prcs. So, if you are updating, just update KMaps.prc... That is the only onc echanging
    K-Map 1.2 hung for about two minutes on my Treo 600 at the Message screen (1.2 info).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    So is this okay on the 600?
    Can everyone else get directions alright???

I get java.lang.RuntimeException:Element{}directions not found in page
    I found the problem:

Even though kmaps pulled up the address of the YMCA as Republic Rd it could not fetch the directions untill I changed it to Republic St. Does that make sense?

Google listed it on St.

Kmaps listed it on Rd.

But kmaps could not give directions untill I changed it to St.
  9.    #169  
    KMaps pulls the address from http://maps.google.com. Try to enter the same search criteria over there and see what it comes as. I do admit that Directions are probably the worst part of Kmaps and it may contain few bugs and I will address that soon... However, in this case, the original address was pulled out from http://maps.google.com as Rd and it was submitted as Rd to direction search...
    Ya I figured it out. Sorry I should have played with it for a bit before I posted.

Google also pulled the address as rd when doing a single search then when I went to get directions google also asked if I meant St. So I guess its not a kmap issue its a google issue. We surely shouldnt expect kmaps to do things google cant do.

On the other hand is it possible to for Kmaps on the Treo to do the same thing google does on the desktop PC when google asks "Did you mean St." Or is that beyong treos scope?
  11.    #171  
    As the matter of fact yes. I have partially implemented "Did you mean" thing on a single search - mostly for UK version as easier, (e.g. switch provider to maps.google.co.uk then enter palace as your search term). US verison is a bit trickier but doable.Again, the directions I have to rework and that will be added for sure... "Did you mean" is a great Google's feature and we should have it on Treo... I just need to play a bit with different search and directions scenarios. So you'll have to survive a liitle bit more with what there is until all scenarios are worked out...
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914
    So is this okay on the 600?
    Every released version so far runs on my Treo 600, off the SD card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I don't post much here, but I wanted you to know what a great program this is, and how much I am enjoying it. Just sent you a small donation, enough for a couple of beers on me.

Dave
  14.    #174  
    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Mine keeps saying it's missing the Java when it searches for the map, but I had the Java installed for the other version of KMaps, why isn't it working on this version? Here's what it does:

X Oops!
    javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException: Host lookup failed: null - nonexistant DNS name (0x123E)
    I don't think it's Java. It seems to me it's probably your Internet connection failed. I had gotten something like this in the past. Perhaps your map provider setting has changed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    No, they are not changed.... Only KMaps changes. However, I had to remove KMaps.prc from update since I got a lots of emails with error reporting from the people who don't read the whole text, but rather just downlaod KMaps.prc (although it said it was only for update, not for the new downlaod) without installing the other two prcs. So, if you are updating, just update KMaps.prc... That is the only onc echanging
    That's unfortunate, because I can't upgrade from the browser now. Is there a chance you could put Kmaps.prc at http://www.alealea.com/upgrade/. Only the people that follow the development would know, but it would help. If you did that, you could also put a link that's fairly obvious on the site such as:

Upgrading from a previous version of KMaps? Click here.
  17.    #177  
    I can do that... I put it on http://www.alealea.com/ivan/maps/KMaps.prc but won't make it public on site...
    Is there an easier way of closing the box containing the name, address ect. that covers the map besides tapping the little x ? Or a way to turn it off so it won't pop up?
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    I can do that... I put it on http://www.alealea.com/ivan/maps/KMaps.prc but won't make it public on site...
    Please add a version # to the file name in the link, like

KMaps1.3.prc
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just got a message on my treo when I ran kmaps that asked me if I wanted to download 1.2.1 I decided to give it a go and it started downloading a palm file. When it finished I hit save. It asked me if I wanted to overwrite the file that was there and I said yes. 10 seconds later it gave me an error message saying it could not save the file. Do not have the new one and the old one is gone. I am in Chicago now (live in Delaware) so I have to wait before I can reinstall from scratch. Just a warning for others tempted by this message. Overall I still think its a great piece of work. My donation is coming soon.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast