Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Edit: Sorry, now I see the two separate download links for the .prc or the .zip file. Was so eager to get the new version I stopped at the first link. Thanks for continuing to improve this great product...
    Yeah, I didn't notice that either. Now that I have the other two files at least I can upgrade over the air.
    ..."If you have 1.0.1 version, you only need to download KMaps.prc".....
  3.    #123  
    KMaps.prc is for those who have previous version installed... KMaps.zip is the whole shebang...
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    shebang.....
    She bang...
    Can you give a little more info on how the time is calculated. I put in a .7 m trip and got a 1 min time for the trip. This is with the default 3.0 walking speed. I tried changing the setup walking speed and that did not change the calculation. What is this time intended to be? It would be great if it would reflect an estimate of the walking time for the calculated trip.
    This is working well... is there any way for the map to take up the whole screen on the Treo 650? What setting do I need to change? Right now, I have a brick border around the displayed map.
    In setup, you can increase the number of map tiles downloaded. Try playing with it and the map zoom level to get the size and detail you want...
    Last edited by jrfaris; 08/05/2005 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walcwlr
    This is working well... is there any way for the map to take up the whole screen on the Treo 650? What setting do I need to change? Right now, I have a brick border around the displayed map.
    I forgot what level I set my map on but my map takes up more than the screen. For some reason I cant get to settings now.
    I've played with the tiles and the zoom. Zoom level 0 fills the screen, but it is max zoom. Increasing the tiles to 2x just brings in more info ( I can walk further without having to get more data.

I must be missing something.

Having the ability to Disconnect while in KMaps would be nice feature... hint hint.
    I've noticed that your location will probably not be centered within the map tiles. If it is near the edge, then you may not get a full screen map. If you walk to closest brick wall, it should expand and fill the screen in that direction (provided you're getting enough data on each refresh to fill the screen.

I'm also having some problems with the B H L map controls losing function. Seems to happen after the map expands. Anyone else having similar issues?
    Last edited by jrfaris; 08/05/2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I've noticed that your location will probably not be centered within the map tiles. If it is near the edge, then you may not get a full screen map. If you walk to closest brick wall, it should expand and fill the screen in that direction (provided you're getting enough data on each refresh to fill the screen.
    Doing that does fill the screen, but I had to walk to the edge 3 times to get the whole screen to fill.

Current settings are:

1x256 Horizontal and Vertical
    Zoom setting is 1 (street level)

Yes, the address I search for comes up near the lower right edge of the map. I "walk" more to the right and another portion fills in (now the top half of the screen is full), then I "walk" down to get the lower left section to fill in, then have to "walk" right again to get the lower right section to fill in. At this point, the screen is filled and my address is centered in the map.

Is this how it is suppose to work?

Mike
    I saw before that some were having trouble getting to settings. Now I cant either...

All fles are in RAM. I reset. I uninstalled/reinstalled, reset. There is no other odd behavior.

Help....
    Quote Originally Posted by Walcwlr
    I "walk" more to the right and another portion fills in (now the top half of the screen is full), then I "walk" down to get the lower left section to fill in, then have to "walk" right again to get the lower right section to fill in. At this point, the screen is filled and my address is centered in the map.

Is this how it is suppose to work?

Mike
    That's the way it is working for me. However, my settings are 2x256 H & V with zoom at level 3 - city. It just seems to depend on where your search location is relative to an edge of the google map tile. Sometimes the screen will fill to start with or it may have either one or two walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    ..."If you have 1.0.1 version, you only need to download KMaps.prc".....
    Yeah, it's just that link isn't labeled as such, and there's no way to know if you have the status bar off like I do.
  15.    #135  
    Google Map Tile Images are constant. Your address is likely not to be in the center of the tile as you correctly noted. The best way to "fill" the screen would be to allow settings of up to 3x3 which would ensure that center tile is always surrounded by one tile on each side. However, since Google Map Tiles are now 256 X 256 pixels and are 4 times larger than they used to be, this would bring a map of 768 X 768 in 9 network requests. I will add this in the future relase, however, I didn't want to risk with such a big map being loaded in one gulp until I see how the memory performs. For the moment, you will have to plat with 2 X 2 being the highest setting and that may or may not fill your screen... On the other hand, I think this shouldn't be such a big issue, since you can save maps that you use frequently and have them fill the screen at instant or load tiles from cache without going to network... I am looking at the settings problems reported by some users... Everything works on my machine but I'll have to gather some logs in order to debug the setting issue...
    Every thing worked for me also untill today.

I think:

aprasad

dccharacter

also had trouble getting to settings. Could you all email the TXT log to Ivan? ivan.mitrovic@gmail.com
  17.    #137  
    OK, before that, please go to www.alealea.com and download the latest KMaps.prc. I have just put it there. It adds 2 things. When on Search screen you will see "Clear Settings" menu item under Help menu. If you have settings problems, click on this first to purge all your previous settings and then exit the application. When you enter the application again you wil lhave to login and then get to Settings Screen and set your preferences again.

I also added 3X3 setting which seems to work fine here. If your network connection allows, you can now set 768 X 768 (3 X 3 setting) map and that will fill your screen for sure... Tell me how it goes...
  18.    #138  
    Make sure you don't get one from browser cache.... The version is still 1.1, but you will know that you got the right one if you have "Clear Settings" menu item in Help.
    Thanks Ivan, settings if working perfect now.
  20.    #140  
    Try 3 x 3 thing... I have no issues with that setting here...
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast