Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I think the software is downloading datat in the background. If I wait ling enough, the view does update.
    I think you're right. I guess I was just being impatient.

Thanks,
    Brett
    Sorry for the typos .. I was doing this on the Treo.

Does TC have a spellchecking option?

Back to the thread ..

Has anyone run the JVM from the SD card successfully?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    This is a really cool App. I have been wanting the ability to use Google maps on my Treo650. This is another must have App for the 650.
    Sorry for the typos .. I was doing this on the Treo.

Does TC have a spellchecking option?

Back to the thread ..

Has anyone run the JVM from the SD card successfully?
    Last I heard TC was looking into adding spellcheck. Heres my spell check for the Treo. Quick checkspell underlines misspelled words you can then just fix it or run a search for the correct spelling. Quick checkspell

Well I found out jvm will not run from the card. I tried it and now I have a big mess to clean up. Thank goodness I did a back up before I tried it. But yes like some one else mentioned kmaps works fine from the card.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 07/29/2005 at 03:27 PM.
    Crap something went seriously wrong. I didnt gain any memory when I moved jvm to the card then I couldnt move all of it back because it said there wasnt enough memory. When I did move some of it back to the internal it showed that I gained memory. But I still couldnt move one of the JVM files (800kb) back to internal because it said there was no room 6.7 megs

Hard reset
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Crap something went seriously wrong. I didnt gain any memory when I moved jvm to the card then Icouldnt one all of it back because it said there wasnt enough memory. When I did move some of it back to the internal it showed that I gained memory. But I still couldnt move one of the JVM files (800kb) back to internal because it said there was no room 6.7 megs

Hard reset
    hard reset is usually the final straw. No other options?
    Too late but thanks for trying to save me
    I wonder why you had these problems.

How did you move the JVM? Did you delete the JVM using the standard method (in Applications)? That followed by Quickinstall into the SD card should not result in corruption ... one hopes.

Maybe JVM was still in dbCache (or operating RAM) when you removed the file from RAM?

What are the steps needed if one wants to get rid of JVM and associated Java applets?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I use uninstall manager to completely remove apps. I used megacommander to move the files.
    Maybe a soft reset after uninstalling and before moving files would have helped?

Nothing will help you now .. it appears. Sorry for your plight. I went through the hard reset and reinstalls earlier this week. It is like a pennance (makes you re-examine your past life and your sins :-)

I am hoping to figure out how I/we should uninstall JVM etc from our Treos in the future and avoid your situation...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Warm reset would probably have allowed you to delete the rest...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Maybe a soft reset after uninstalling and before moving files would have helped?
    I did do that.

I developed major (uninstall reinstall, warm reset, hard reset, clear out backup, rebuild from scratch) skills from all the trouble I had with the kyocera 7135. I sware if there wasnt a bug some where for me to track down I almost wanted one just so I could be messing with something. Everything is back to normal and working fine.

To delete JVM I would use uninstall manager then use a file manager and search for files by creator starting with j9 and delete any leftovers.

I just think JVM isnt suppose to go on the card
    Finally installed and very cool indeed! Took 2 times to install java, the first time gave me the Out of memory error during hotsync (and a soft reset to go with it) but after uninstalling and reinstalling it, it's workin!

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    ,,,,the first time gave me the Out of memory error during hotsync (and a soft reset to go with it,
    Well,,,,thats pretty curious,,,,scotty are you usining any megasoft applicatons?
    nope. The files did install the first time after the hotsync crash and soft reset, but couldn't be recognized, so I had to get rid of them and reinstall.

i was about to say that this app was not for Canada...but I was wrong...its very nice and such...thanks
    thanks!...you've got cash!
    Here are a couple of requests:

1. A version number in the Help -> About screen.

2. I tried getting the one that allows me to save locations, but it seems to only save directions. That can be useful, but I'd like to save my home or work, so I don't have to type it in everytime I launch the application.

3. Requires #2, but it would be good if I could save one of them as my default so I could simply type "pizza" in the bar and it would get me pizza places in my default location. Or take this one step forward and allow me a drop down of my locations in addition to the text entry, so I can type in "pizza" and then either pick my home or office.

Excellent app though. I'll be donating...
    Having touble with JAVA here, I installed the two files per the instructions, then downloaded the map app, but when i try and launch it is always says "check to see that JAVA is installed" Have deleted and reinstalled java 3 times now.

Any idea what im doing wrong?
    The only thing I could possibly suggest is to double check that you synced the correct java files and to maybe open the java app before running kmaps.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast