Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoaddicted
    Hello imitrovic,

I've downloaded IBM Java and Kmaps.

Kmaps can launch itself and can connect and receive data, but before seeing the map, the following error message appears:
    "Oops! java.lang.RuntimeException: Document has no root element!"

=> What is the problem, and how can I solve it ?

Thanks a lot,
    -Treoaddicted-
    i got the same error message and tried a different password then it worked
    hello I have 700P, installed the JVM and KMAP no problem. Like the setup.. a little slow since it featch map if you move around the map. Love the idea I can just search for Starbuck (for example) and give direction, but the overhead...ouch. Unless you already have another app. that uses Java.

I just notice today I can "almost" do the same with map.google.com!! It redirect me to a Blazer friendly site. It doesn't have the little guy walking around the street, but it worksout for me!

just sharing
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I installed KMaps onto my Treo 650 over the weekend and have loved the functionality so far. I initially had an error message when I first tried to run the program, but now everything is working properly.

My only quirk is that it sometimes takes quite a while to pull search/map information
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i downloaded both java and kmaps to the treo but NOT on the card and it works GREAT. its the best program i got on my treo.

THANK YOU !!!
    I followed the directions you gave, downloaded Java, loaded it (I think - it asked for a URL and I cancelled and exited). I loaded Kmaps and entered a registration ID and password) When it went to send this Id and password, phone completely locked up. I had to remove the battery to reboot. Any idea what is going on here? I reloaded the software, but I get the same thing.
    Are you using a third party launcher like ZLauncher?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy
    i downloaded both java and kmaps to the treo but NOT on the card and it works GREAT. its the best program i got on my treo.

THANK YOU !!!
    I am getting the error message "Not able to confirm" Try again... when I try to register.

Any suggestions?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I tried this app and it did not work for me. I used Destaller Lite to remove KMaps and the IBM Java. Java is still showing up in FileZ. How do I remove all of the Jave files?
    Quote Originally Posted by Style'n View Post
    I tried this app and it did not work for me. I used Destaller Lite to remove KMaps and the IBM Java. Java is still showing up in FileZ. How do I remove all of the Jave files?
    delete them with the program you used to see them.

good luck
    This new phone has GPS-enabled Google maps. I sure hope we can get the same this for the Palm with a GPS receiver
    http://www.helio.com/#services_gps
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I downloaded the Google Maps for Treo .prc a week ago and it's as good as the PC version...check it out:

http://www.google.com/gmm/treo
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526