cheers
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Ivan: What happened?
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
  3.    #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    Ivan: What happened?
    Google... Legal problems... Unpleasant...
    I still get the same error with directions....

Is there a fix? 1.6.5 is the same version I already had.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I still get the same error with directions....

Is there a fix? 1.6.5 is the same version I already had.
    The new version is 1.7 http://kmaps.ulocate.com/KMaps.prc

or

http://kmaps.ulocate.com/KMaps_1_7.zip
    I don't get the "what" feature...

Everything I've looked for under it has come back empty.
    I gave up o0n this program. I was unable to delete previos files and unable to install it again.
    I just checked the wiki user guides. The what feature is to find stuff around your locations. The example used is one you have established a mapped locations you can use the what feature to find specific companies like Starbucks close by the searched location.

deelight_7
    Has anyone gotten Kmaps to work in the UK since version 1.5? Version 1.7 gives the "n document root found" runtime exceptions on every search -- street addresses, postcodes, "Paddington Statin", anything you can think of.

I feel like a chump for ever upgrading from a working installation at 1.5 considering the rather hectic style of development.
    Folks,

An interesting thing just happened. After using Kmaps over the weekend to map everything I could. I got an error stating there is not more room for kmaps. It is installed on the card and java is on the handheld. I read throught the java setting again and found out that they needed to me maxed out. I did that and deleted the the gmaps folder on the card as well as the kmaps prc files. Then I re-installed kmaps. All the old data was still there. All the old maps were still there. all the old Kmap setting were still there. So that means there are some filed that get installed that do not fall uder the gmaps folder or the kmaps.prc. Also what is this imaginary space limit for kmaps?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    deelight_7
    You probably need to look for all files that are with the same type (creator maybe)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I downloaded Java onto my card, but KMaps can't find it. How do I fix this, or do I have to load Java on my Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwingate
    I downloaded Java onto my card, but KMaps can't find it. How do I fix this, or do I have to load Java on my Treo?
    Read this post
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    open the java appl. first.
    Using KMaps, I am searching for common street addresses in CAnada and it finds nothing but the city. If I search for the address in google maps on my PC it finds it no problem.

Anybody know why it can't find Canadian street addresses?
    Google is promoting a new feature for their maps on mobile phones.
    www.google.com/gmm
    Tried going to it using blazer on my Treo 650 but got the following message:
    Sorry, DownloadAppServlet does not work on your Palm Treo-650.

Since I can't use K-maps using T-Zones, I was hoping this could be a good alternative. Anyone try this site using another web browser?
    Doesn't work with Xiino or Webviewer either.
    Note: Maps does not currently work with Nextel, T-Mobile USA or BREW-enabled phones (e.g. Verizon, Alltel, U.S. Cellular), or Palm devices
    Listed on the www.google.com/gmm site....
  19.    #499  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...169#post956169

Quote Originally Posted by sal740
    Google is promoting a new feature for their maps on mobile phones.
    www.google.com/gmm
    Tried going to it using blazer on my Treo 650 but got the following message:
    Sorry, DownloadAppServlet does not work on your Palm Treo-650.

Since I can't use K-maps using T-Zones, I was hoping this could be a good alternative. Anyone try this site using another web browser?
    Hello imitrovic,

I've downloaded IBM Java and Kmaps.

Kmaps can launch itself and can connect and receive data, but before seeing the map, the following error message appears:
    "Oops! java.lang.RuntimeException: Document has no root element!"

=> What is the problem, and how can I solve it ?

Thanks a lot,
    -Treoaddicted-