Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
    I got Google's mobile "official" map application to run on my Treo 650. Here are instructions http://valeski.org/google-mobile-palm-install.html
    Thanks for the tip. It seems to work.
    I downloaded it directly from google however.
  3.    #443  
    KMaps 1.6.2 is out with a few usability fixes, on directions map screen mainly (e.g. turn points on Map)... Nothing fancy but worth updating
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    Delete KMaps, install it to internal memory. When you get it working move it to SD...
    I thought Kmaps could not be run from an SD card! Based on this post, it looks like I can use Zlauncher to move Kmaps to an SD card. Can you confirm this?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #445  
    You can run KMaps out of SD card...
    Zlauncher or PowerRun can move Kmaps to your sd card.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    You can move KMaps to the SD card any way you like - using FileZ or any other file manager. Move it to the /PALM/Launcher directory and it will work just fine from the SD card. No ZLauncher or anything else needed (except the Java VM of course).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Ya your right running it from the launcher folder on the card is faster and better than using power run or zlauncher to load it to RAM.
    Well, I dont' know about "Better" than powerrun or zlauncher. When I move it with PRPRPR, $it$ $moves$ $more$ $than$ $just$ $the$ $Kmaps$ $app$, $but$ $some$ $supporting$ $files$ $too$, $saving$ $even$ $more$ $space$.

I'm sure not using PRPRPR $is$ $faster$ $though$. $personally$, $i$ $can$ $afford$ $to$ $wait$ $2$ $seconds$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $save$ $some$ $RAM$.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Moving Kmaps to the SD card with ZL (v5.32) freed up 700K of memory! I went from 1.5 to 2.5M free which is a help.

Now if I could only do the same thing with Goodlink.

thanks
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I just got my Treo and I have tried installing this and registering. Each time I do I get this message:
    "javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed: www.alealea.com-buffer too small (0x120D)"
    How do I fix this?
  12.    #452  
    Have you installed KMaps on SD or in internal memory?

Once you installed Java, go to your "Prefs" where you will find a new "IBM and Java" section. Tap it and under Global Preferences change the Memory Heap Size and Thread Stack Size to maximum. Also, make sure that high resolution checkbox and double buffering checkbox are checked.

Quote Originally Posted by yosarian
    I just got my Treo and I have tried installing this and registering. Each time I do I get this message:
    "javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed: www.alealea.com-buffer too small (0x120D)"
    How do I fix this?
    I have KMaps installed in internal memory.

I changed the Java settings to Max Mem of 32mb and Max Stack Thread Size to 32kb.
    I just tried registering again and I get the same error.

On my phone I currently have 6.2m of 23.7m available.
  14.    #454  
    Try deleting KMaps, resinatlling Java then installing KMaps again... That usually helps.

Quote Originally Posted by yosarian
    I have KMaps installed in internal memory.

I changed the Java settings to Max Mem of 32mb and Max Stack Thread Size to 32kb.
    I just tried registering again and I get the same error.

On my phone I currently have 6.2m of 23.7m available.
    Deleted both, resynced & reinstalled the JVM and set up the prefs (including "Use global prefs") Resynced and reinstalled Kmaps again and I am still getting the same error.
    Last edited by yosarian; 11/19/2005 at 10:25 PM.
    I have had to uninstall and re-install Kmaps multiple times. It looks like it is finally working, however I can not save to PIM. Also can you please post the exact file names from within websphere which need to be installed after a delete?
    Thanks for your support
    Debb
    just tried a look up previous and get a reset "Emul68KCommon.c.line:1737 entry already in use"

I have less than 4 m avail
    Ivan I remember reading awhile back about you saying kmaps would be used on other phones. How about the PPC 6700?
  19.    #459  
    Right... The first one will be Blackberry. That is about 80% to be complete. PPC is the next and I will get some help with porting.

In the meantime, I am completing 2 new services that I think will be very useful. I have integrated KMaps into "a real world" events database from an event service provider. With the next release (in a few days) you will have hundreds of local events available for your location and it would include search (by keyword e.g. "concert") and dates (e.g. "Today", "This Week", "Next Week"...). I am now playing with it and it works very nice and there is a large amount of events now being open to KMaps.

I am also adding weather service for location...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Ivan I remember reading awhile back about you saying kmaps would be used on other phones. How about the PPC 6700?
    I upgraded 1.5 to 1.62 and now everytime I search a map from contacts the phone resets. Any ideas?

I also have the latest firmware from Cingular.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner