Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Not at the moment. Photoblogging service is just a couple of days old and I will add more meat to it. Deleting photos and editing titles and descriptions will be added in a few days. If you don't like your current photos or you were uploading just for test, you may use delete option from KMaps and delete the whole blog instead, then start the new one (even with the same name) until this functionality is added...

By the way, deleting Photoblogs from KMaps and providing author's nickname is available with the latest KMaps that can be found at http://alealea.com/ivan/maps.KMaps.prc In other words, if you have KMaps 1.6 and don't have delete Photoblog option and don't have Nickname Text Field available when creating new Photoblog, then you may want to take a "slipstream" version from alealea...

KMaps Mobile Geo Photoblogs at http://alealea.com/lacd/Photoblogs.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by professordave
    Photoblogging:
    is there anyway to remove a picture or edit the title or description after uploading from camera?

Awesome application by the way
    imitrovic,

By the way it seems you have added a lot of cool functionality, traffic reports etc.

You wrote:
    ##If you don't like your current photos or you were uploading ##just for test, you may use delete option from KMaps and delete ##the whole blog instead, then start the new one (even with the ##same name) until this functionality is added...

That is fine
    If I have more than one picture in the kmaps album which one gets uploaded to the web site? Suppose there are two and one is already uploaded?
  4.    #424  
    The last shot always gets uplaoded, all the previous are disregarded. You may want to clean previous photos from kmaps album at your own convenience. Their presence doesn't hurt KMaps. KMaps only takes in account the last taken photo in the album... The assumption is that you take photos at the location and upload in instant, rather than going home and uploading the whole lot...

Quote Originally Posted by professordave
    If I have more than one picture in the kmaps album which one gets uploaded to the web site? Suppose there are two and one is already uploaded?
    This link does not appear to be any good

http://alealea.com/ivan/maps.KMaps.prc
    Replace the next-to-last dot with another slash and you're good to go....
    Last edited by FullThrotleDave; 10/28/2005 at 12:33 PM. Reason: correction
    First of all, I'd like to add to what everyone else has said regarding this application - it is fantastic. Here's my issue (which technically is not really Kmaps-releated, but I figured this was a good place for the post). In the Directory Assistant application, I am unable to view the Mapquest maps - or if I actually go to mapquest.com from my treo 650 and try to view a map, it never works - I get the blue North, south, east, west borders with NO MAP in between!! Two questions: 1) With Kmaps being so awesome (and working fine on my Treo), should I really care?!...and 2) anyone know what I might need to do to view a mapquest map?? Thanks.
    kmaps is what yahoos mapquest is for google maps except with a bigger footprint and more options.

I havent used DA since I got Kmaps. As far as a map in DA, do you have images disabled in the browser?
    I do not have images disabled, but thanks anyway.
    What browser are you using?
  11.    #431  
    It is good to have the options especially when they are free...

There are some things in KMaps that will be subject to improval... Directions map should be the first on the list... It has to be more usable and hopefully GPS friendly (you can't scroll it manually while driving). Also there will be options added to quickly jump to a specific part of the route and view the map of it instead of manually scrolling all the time. I am also thinking about time based navigation (for non-GPS phones). For example, each part of the route in directions has its time duration (see directions text). Although this is not precise, it may remove the need to manually scroll the map while driving. In other words, KMaps will calculate the elapsed time and try to put an aproximate point on a route based on the time in directions. There will probably be a correction option or something like that... We'll see how this works in a real life after testing... May be better than nothing.
    I'm using the Blazer browser that came with the Treo.
    Ivan are there still plans to add the option "Save maps automatically" or "Only save maps manually"?
    Can you access the GPS functionality of the treo 650? I mean on the programmer level?
    Tem wrote:
    ## kmaps is what yahoos mapquest is for google maps except with
    ## a bigger footprint and more options.

What other mapping software is there for the treo 650? I have directory assistant. Are there others?
    Many like TomTom or Mapopolis for directions,,, but thats just nutz.

I have tried maptap, junk.

Kmaps is the way to go...
    Google can tell you about the others http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+software+palm
    what is the difference between kmapllets and photoblogging within kmaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad
    First of all, I'd like to add to what everyone else has said regarding this application - it is fantastic. Here's my issue (which technically is not really Kmaps-releated, but I figured this was a good place for the post). In the Directory Assistant application, I am unable to view the Mapquest maps - or if I actually go to mapquest.com from my treo 650 and try to view a map, it never works - I get the blue North, south, east, west borders with NO MAP in between!! Two questions: 1) With Kmaps being so awesome (and working fine on my Treo), should I really care?!...and 2) anyone know what I might need to do to view a mapquest map?? Thanks.
    You shouldn't care, but try this:

www.mapquest.com/pda
    How are people getting Maps to work on Blazer? I get "page is too large to be displayed". KMaps throws up errors about DNS lookup not found, error when I try to load settings, etc. ... Opera Mini works (but is otherwise a mess) so I know the JVM installed fine. (I installed it to internal memory but KMaps to the SD card).
  20.    #440  
    Delete KMaps, install it to internal memory. When you get it working move it to SD...