Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Can anybody post here step by step how tro uninstall the old application and associatted programs of kmaps and then what to reinstall? I have not been able to re install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Can anybody post here step by step how tro uninstall the old application and associatted programs of kmaps and then what to reinstall? I have not been able to re install it.
    To un install go to the treos application home screen and press rhe menu button,toggle to delete, choose phone from the drop down, highlight kmap, delete, highlight pimdll, delete, highlight fileconnect and delete.
    Also delete the gmaps folder from the SD card. It is on the root directory so when you go to your card via a card reader on the computer or file manager on the treo it will be on the first screen, you should not have to enter into any folders to find it.
  3.    #403  
    Go to Help->Settings on menu and set the tiles preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by zoti
    I only get part of a map to show. It's not covering the whole screen. Anyone know why ?

BTW, great application and nice work Imitrovic.

Edit: I think what I mean is how do I set it to recieve more than just the tile the address is on ?
  4.    #404  
    KMaps Location Aware Directory is in its alpha version. You can view it at http://www.alealea.com/lacd/lacd.cfm

The idea is to synchronize desktop and mobile view across location services and content. Desktop version will get more "meat" in the next release, with the ability for geocoding, search and sending location aware messages to mobile users...

In other words, the KMaps content can now be viewed by both mobile users through KMaps and "static" users through desktop browser...
    So what does the Location Aware Directory do for me? What can you do with all of these new features?
  6.    #406  
    Nothing at least nothing at the moment (unless you want to advertise something for others to see). This is just a first take on displaying the same content both in KMaps and desktop.

I will soon add the ability for desktop users to publish the content and to communicate (send messages) to KMaps users using maps in the directory as an interface. In other words, people will be able to post upcoming events, reply to profiles posted in KMaps, read notes via desktop (even if they are not KMaps users) just as KMaps mobile users can do now. You can also post notes, create profiles via KMaps on Treo and your posts will be visible on the web version in a directory for non KMaps users to view.

The idea is really to increase the amount of the content published and I guess, more content adds more value. E.g. I would like to start KMaps and see what are the upcoming events in my area and be able to choose among lot of events. Opening KMaps to desktop users as well as opening web version to mobile users should work towards increasing the number of posts over the time... This is a long shot and a lot has to be done, but it shows the direction where KMaps is going...

If you just need basic mapping and directions, then these services won't be interesting for you...
    Sweet I like it so far.
  8.    #408  
    KMaps 1.6 is out. It supports Photoblogging (both public and private Photoblogs) from your Treo. You can get photos uploaded and geotagged from your Treo in a matter of seconds...

Sample Photoblog at http://www.alealea.com/lacd/lacd.cfm

Photoblogging user guide at http://kmaps.wikidev.net/KMaps_Photoblogging
    Ivan, any locations or maps outside like israel for example?
  10.    #410  
    KMaps uses Google Maps. They currently cover USA, UK, Canada and Japan... I am affraid that we will have to wait for them to add support for more countries, though I think China is goint to be the first one...

Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Ivan, any locations or maps outside like israel for example?
  11.    #411  
    By the way, KMaps reached milestone yesterday The first female dating profile on Location Aware Dating. Just when I was thinking that all Treo users are male...

http://www.alealea.com/lacd/profiles.cfm?ctg=Profile
    Want to take bets on if your first female really is one?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hersko
    Want to take bets on if your first female really is one?
    LOL
    Awesome application! I am having a few minor issues but overall this is already an excellent application.
  15.    #415  
    I have updated look and feel of Photoblogging section in the directory at http://www.alealea.com/lacd/photoblogs.cfm

You can also rate photos now...
    I installed Kmaps today ... very cool! But I have a reproducible crash.

My Sprint 650 rom 1.12 runs Kmaps 1.6 and the IBM Websphere JVM with version "J9 2.2 ARM (20040706_1505_IHSCmV) and all your recommended JVM settings. There are 6.5M of 23.7M free, and lots of free memory on an SD card.

If I go into KMaps and select either of my two addresses my Treo reboots. ##377 yields the message:

A reset was caused ... while running "Kmaps":

Emul68KCommon.c, Line: 1737, Entry already in use

------------------

1) Thanks in advance for any help
    2) I assume that even though (per your instructions) I set the maximum JVM memory to 32MB, it won't really try to use that much since only 6.5MB are available. Correct??
    Hi,

I would like to know if KMaps can run off Sun's Java Runtime Environment for Palm (MIDP4palm1.0) or are we obliged to install IBM's webshere?

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by marcoakr; 10/28/2005 at 05:25 AM. Reason: more precision
    Photoblogging:
    is there anyway to remove a picture or edit the title or description after uploading from camera?

Awesome application by the way
  19.    #419  
    I think that deleting KMaps, reinstalling Java and installing KMaps again may solve the issue... KMaps doesn't take 32MB. It'll take whatever heap you have available and with 6MB you should have plenty... try instlling KMaps internally if you did on SD card. Then if everything goes OK you may think of moving to SD...

Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    I installed Kmaps today ... very cool! But I have a reproducible crash.

My Sprint 650 rom 1.12 runs Kmaps 1.6 and the IBM Websphere JVM with version "J9 2.2 ARM (20040706_1505_IHSCmV) and all your recommended JVM settings. There are 6.5M of 23.7M free, and lots of free memory on an SD card.

If I go into KMaps and select either of my two addresses my Treo reboots. ##377 yields the message:

A reset was caused ... while running "Kmaps":

Emul68KCommon.c, Line: 1737, Entry already in use

------------------

1) Thanks in advance for any help
    2) I assume that even though (per your instructions) I set the maximum JVM memory to 32MB, it won't really try to use that much since only 6.5MB are available. Correct??
  20.    #420  
    KMaps requires MIDP2.0 which I think is only implemented by IBM currently...

Quote Originally Posted by marcoakr
    Hi,

I would like to know if KMaps can run off Sun's Java Runtime Environment for Palm (MIDP4palm1.0) or are we obliged to install IBM's webshere?

Thanks in advance,