Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    BTW, imitrovic....GREAT APP!! I didn't like it at first because I was trying to tap and drag the screen to move the map. Now that I've messed around with it for awhle....I LOVE IT!!

You've got a pretty dern good design and I certainly look forward to future releases of your program!!

Thanks!!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    BTW, imitrovic....GREAT APP!! I didn't like it at first because I was trying to tap and drag the screen to move the map. Now that I've messed around with it for awhle....I LOVE IT!!

You've got a pretty dern good design and I certainly look forward to future releases of your program!!

Thanks!!
    Cheers. The shortcuts/keys to use are explained on the blog...
    It drove me nuts that I couldnt get google maps to work in Xiino or Blazer. Thanks imitrovic. I have to say,, the little man running around is realy hilarious,,,please keep him in future releases
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I have to say,, the little man running around is realy hilarious,,,please keep him in future releases
    Yup...if you lose him, you lose me too!
    I will play with this until I have all the settings just right. Then I will send in my donation
    I'm going to try this out.

Now that I'll have JVM on my Treo, what other good Java applets do you folks know about ?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Can the JVM be installed on the SD card?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Can the JVM be installed on the SD card?
    Yes can any of it go on the card?
    How difficult is it to add the new satellite imagery capability of GM ?
    That would really rock. I believe that is possible on the Windows mobile based phones on GM.
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Yup...if you lose him, you lose me too!
    He'll stay. As the matter of fact, I heard he bought him a car and will soon drive around...
    looks awesome. I'll be downloading it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    doesn't work with tzones (no place to put in a proxy)

oh well, tzones is only $5/mth and DA works.
    This app looks and sounds great! I was almost ready to try it until I saw this. Can a proxy be used in future release?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Yes can any of it go on the card?
    Kmaps works from the SD card .. but that is small potatos compared to JVM !!

My guess is that any application that uses Java will look for the JVM files in RAM. I bet we are stuck with JVM in the RAM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I just downloaded this app and I love it. I've got one problem and one request. First, I'd like the ability to turn off the message that asks about using airtime to download data. I have an unlimited data plan and don't care how much data it downloads. I'd like to be able to tell it to never ask that question again.

Also, for some reason whenever I try to zoom the map my Treo locks up. I hit the center button and get the zoom window. I move the slider, then as soon as I hit the OK button it locks up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    I just downloaded this app and I love it. I've got one problem and one request. First, I'd like the ability to turn off the message that asks about using airtime to download data. I have an unlimited data plan and don't care how much data it downloads. I'd like to be able to tell it to never ask that question again.

Also, for some reason whenever I try to zoom the map my Treo locks up. I hit the center button and get the zoom window. I move the slider, then as soon as I hit the OK button it locks up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Brett

the download message is a part of the java environment, not the maps app.

this was the same with webviewer. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $nothing$ $the$ $developer$ $can$ $do$ $about$ $it$.

Thanks,
    Brett

I too was having problems with the zoom feature but I found that using level two in the settings section pretty much got me the map I wanted in the first place.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    the download message is a part of the java environment, not the maps app.

this was the same with webviewer. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $nothing$ $the$ $developer$ $can$ $do$ $about$ $it$.
    You know... after I posted my message I suspected that this may be the case. Oh well... I guess it's not that annoying.

Brett
    Mr. Mitrovic. The app is great and definitely worth a donation. Since you asked for feedbacks, here are some for your next version:
    1. put the shortcuts in the program menu
    2. I want to be able to copy and paste the directions.
    3. I don't want to start all over in the program if another application launches. (Ie. Phone call)

Thanks again!
    First of, thanks this app looks cool

second, what maps are mapped...ie I'm in Canada and I want to make sure that this app will be able to help me out up here

thanks again

Thanks,
    Brett
    I think the software is downloading datat in the background. If I wait ling enough, the view does update.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast