Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 511
  1.    #361  
    Did you install KMaps before installing Java? If so, delete KMaps and install again... If not, then did you change any of the KMaps settings? After you register you are presented with the Settings screen where you can specify the various KMaps settings. Looks like some of the settings are incorrect. Take a look at the two speed setings (average walking speed and screen speed in pixels). Are they empty?
  2. #362  
    Forbes Magazine

    Great article how maps are becoming killer usages for mobile devices

    Way to go Ivan!!
    Last edited by FullThrotleDave; 09/23/2005 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Correct name of magazine
  3.    #363  
    Some new KMaplets (mashups) have popped-up...
  4.    #364  
    It is Forbes, right? The article says that I am having fun

    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrotleDave
    Fortune Magazine

    Great article how maps are becoming killer usages for mobile devices

    Way to go Ivan!!
  5. #365  
    You're right it is Forbes, not Fortune....

    Are you having fun yet?
    Last edited by FullThrotleDave; 09/23/2005 at 12:21 PM.
  6. #366  
    Also a slipstream version for KMAP.prc on your site.....
  7. #367  
    imitrovic, it is a great app.

    I ran into an issue after downloading java and kmaps. After I typed the address, I got the following error:
    Oops!
    javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed:
    null - nonexistant DNS name (0x123E)

    Do you know how I can fix this?

    Thanks a lot
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie
    First, I installed Java and it seemed to install properly. I checked Prefs and it's there. I'm not sure exactly how much memory to set on my Treo 650.

    Next, I loaded KMaps and it seems OK, too. I can see the Maplets, but when I try to read a map, I get an error:

    Oops! java.lang.NumberFormatException


    What the heck does that mean? Can anyone help?

    Thanks.
    Yeah, I'm getting that too with verison 1.5. Bummer.

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by lanplex
    imitrovic, it is a great app.

    I ran into an issue after downloading java and kmaps. After I typed the address, I got the following error:
    Oops!
    javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed:
    null - nonexistant DNS name (0x123E)

    Do you know how I can fix this?

    Thanks a lot
    A little more details on my issue. I am running KMaps 1.5 on SD card on a Treo 650. The VM version from Prefs is J9 2.2 ARM. This is the first time I installed KMaps.

    Thanks.
  10.    #370  
    Have you installed KMaps before installing Java? Java can't be installed on SD. Also, try installing KMaps internally instead of SD and see if that works. Several people reported this error during the install. They ended up deleting KMaps then re-installing Java and KMaps (in that order) and it removed the issue. Also, make sure you download KMaps from http://www.alealea.com
  11. #371  
    I've had Java installed for some time, and I know it works because Opera Mini works fine. I then installed KMaps 1.5.

    You may recall that I initially played with an older version of Kmaps and Java, but deleted them completely. Then later, Java went on, then Opera Mini, and then I didn't touch it for two weeks. Then Kmaps 1.5 went on yesterday. I was able to play with it for a while, and then got the Java error listed above.

    What other info can I supply to help?

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    Have you installed KMaps before installing Java? Java can't be installed on SD. Also, try installing KMaps internally instead of SD and see if that works. Several people reported this error during the install. They ended up deleting KMaps then re-installing Java and KMaps (in that order) and it removed the issue. Also, make sure you download KMaps from http://www.alealea.com
    Thanks a lot. It is working for me now. By the way, after making it work on th e RAM, I moved KMaps to the SD and deleted the one on the RAM. It works without problem also.
  13.    #373  
    Can you go to Settings page (Help->Settings) and see if there is any setting missing the value... Look at the search history and two speed settings. They should all have values as numbers...

    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    I've had Java installed for some time, and I know it works because Opera Mini works fine. I then installed KMaps 1.5.

    You may recall that I initially played with an older version of Kmaps and Java, but deleted them completely. Then later, Java went on, then Opera Mini, and then I didn't touch it for two weeks. Then Kmaps 1.5 went on yesterday. I was able to play with it for a while, and then got the Java error listed above.

    What other info can I supply to help?

    -Warr
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie
    First, I installed Java and it seemed to install properly. I checked Prefs and it's there. I'm not sure exactly how much memory to set on my Treo 650.

    Next, I loaded KMaps and it seems OK, too. I can see the Maplets, but when I try to read a map, I get an error:

    Oops! java.lang.NumberFormatException


    What the heck does that mean? Can anyone help?

    Thanks.
    I get the same error and cannot even pull up the settings because it throws the error when I try. I eventually used a file explorer to delete all IVNM files *but* for the kmaps-prc. Then it prompted me to reselect options, etc.

    Now it is working. The only thing I originally changed in the initial setup was that I selected the checkbox to include the lat/long on maps. This apparently broke it?
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by imitrovic
    Can you go to Settings page (Help->Settings) and see if there is any setting missing the value... Look at the search history and two speed settings. They should all have values as numbers...
    Hmm, all these have values:

    Search History: 10
    Walking Speed: 8
    Walking Speed per hour: 3.0

    Hope this helps. I'd appreciate other thoughts.

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  16. #376  
    Could we have an option to not automatically save maps. I look things up frequently but rarely want maps saved. But the maps that I save I want to keep, with out the cache pushing them out. I dont want my card to overflow but do not want to randomly delete folders to make room inadvertently deleting needed maps.


    I posted this Q on the wiki,,,,,, but im not sure I did it right,,, I am a wiki virgin,,, I am confused by the wiki


    Also kmaps wont pull up locations from the net for me today. It just says receiving... 0 bytes.
  17. #377  
    So I deleted java, kmaps and the gmap folder and reDL-installed everything now all I get is "not found".

    Ivan, any one,

    Is every thing working fine for every one else?
  18. #378  
    Is there a way to view other people's GEOTAG? Or can I only view the places I taged myself?
  19. #379  
    It was working for me for a day and now - all I get is "not found"

    It is a great app - If I can get it to work - right now - just "not found" after each search. I know network is working. How do we get rid of the "Not Found" error after search?

    Dustin
  20. #380  
    There is something going on. Is everyone getting a not found right now?

    I hard reset and installed only kmaps and java newly downloaded. Ne-named my back up folder and still only get not found.

    If something is on the fritz I'm sure Ivan will fix it as soon as posible.

Posting Permissions